Tiger Woods for Wii

canuckguy

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was wondering if getting Tiger Woods 08 is worth it or if I should just stick with 07, I looked at some screenshots and such and they looked very similar. I just wanted the opinion of someone who might have played both perhaps....

Yes, they are both very similar in game-play, graphics and apparently ratings:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08 - 7.1
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '07 - 7.0

Here's a snipet which you might find useful.

IGN said:
Just over five months ago, EA released Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 for Nintendo Wii. At the time of review, we thought it was odd, as EA usually followed the classic "Our games are one year ahead of reality" pattern, and Tiger Woods 07 was actually releasing in 07. Fear not Wii patron, EA hasn't fallen behind, because it's still 2007, and we've got a new Tiger Woods sitting on shelves. What can five months of development time do for a franchise that was missing so much the first time around, you ask? The answer is not a whole hell of a lot.
There is only a 5 month difference in the release of Tiger Wood's PGA Tour 07 and Tiger Wood's PGA Tour 08, and not much has changed. I'd say go for the newer one because it got a higher rating by .1 and they probably fixed some problems from Tiger Wood's PGA Tour 07.

I never used 07, but there were complaints about the controls and putting. Plus phantom swings. I have 08. It is great. No issues with controls.

huscos said:
I never used 07, but there were complaints about the controls and putting. Plus phantom swings. I have 08. It is great. No issues with controls.
I'm interested in getting 08. How skilled do you need to be to play it well? (im far from skilled at golf - i look like a one armed girl when I swing the club:)) How does speed and spin work?
Thanks

llol_slim said:
I'm interested in getting 08. How skilled do you need to be to play it well? (im far from skilled at golf - i look like a one armed girl when I swing the club:)) How does speed and spin work?
Thanks

There isn't any real golf skill required. It also gives you the choice of using regular controls if you don't want to use the Wiimote. I would suggesting using the Wiimote, however, it gets you off the couch and gets you into the game. Plus, you can set it so that it can tell if your grip is open (wiimote tilted out) or closed (wiimote tilted in) - creating a draw/fade/hook/slice. This is more of an advanced setting, so don't let that scare you.

huscos said:
There isn't any real golf skill required. It also gives you the choice of using regular controls if you don't want to use the Wiimote. I would suggesting using the Wiimote, however, it gets you off the couch and gets you into the game. Plus, you can set it so that it can tell if your grip is open (wiimote tilted out) or closed (wiimote tilted in) - creating a draw/fade/hook/slice. This is more of an advanced setting, so don't let that scare you.
that doesn't scare me, that sounds awesome and engrosing. That's the kind of thing that attracts me to the wii.
Shame there's no online play.
I might have to pick this up.
Thanks

i have 07, and i decided to stop there, it was fun, but not good enough to make me go wanna buy 08

Back