Tokypop Festival - UK, Bristol

Dec 17, 2006
UK, Bristol
Wii Online Code
7696-4877-2400-3016
LMAO, I'm such a Dunce, I typoed in the title.

Last night (2nd July), Tokyopop, a well known Publishing Company for Anime, Manga, and Games etc held a festival in Bristol (UK). This evening said it was for Manga and Nintendo.

As it said it was for Nintendo I went along, but as soon as I got there, I paid for my ticket, sat down for at least 30 minutes, and then they decided to tell me that the Nintendo activities were broken, so I had to sit through 4 hours of a women talking about Manga, which I wasn't really interested in, but my girlfriend was, so I sat through it. Although they said the Nintendo Activies were broken, the host still said we could play Wii Sports on the Wii towards the end of the festival, but no, they didn't even show us the Wii. I was expecting a lot more Nintendo Activities, shamefully it was basically all Manga. never the less, it was a good evening, and everyone else did, also the Cosplay was amazing.

I was wondering, if you've ever been to any of these festivals, not necessarily Tokyopop, but how were the Nintendo activities? All I got was a PowerPoint presentation of a Summary of 3 Games, which I already knew about.

PS, sorry if this is Posted in the wrong section, but I really didn't know where to post this.

I've never heard of this kind of thing in England, I'm going to Bristol at the month, so it's a bit too late now.

I don't trust Tokyopop for manga, I don't know why but none of their stuff appeals to me except for DNAngel (sappy girl thing) so I'd much rather stick to my selection of Shonen Jump graphic novels.

Cosplay, I'd never wanted to do it, because a lot of people make their own stuff, and that'd be meaning prodding with pins and uncomfortable clothes. Also, some stuff looks rediculous and unprofessional.

Frogger said:
I've never heard of this kind of thing in England, I'm going to Bristol at the month, so it's a bit too late now.

I don't trust Tokyopop for manga, I don't know why but none of their stuff appeals to me except for DNAngel (sappy girl thing) so I'd much rather stick to my selection of Shonen Jump graphic novels.

Cosplay, I'd never wanted to do it, because a lot of people make their own stuff, and that'd be meaning prodding with pins and uncomfortable clothes. Also, some stuff looks rediculous and unprofessional.
Ah right. It was the first one I've been to in Bristol, as they usually always have them in London. i'll be visiting London when the next one is on to see if it is any better.

Also the majority of Cosplayers had bought their outfits, which I thought was stupid, as the winner bought their outfit. I sometimes prefer people who made their own, as it shows they've made more effort, rather than just spending money.

Groves said:
Ah right. It was the first one I've been to in Bristol, as they usually always have them in London. i'll be visiting London when the next one is on to see if it is any better.

Also the majority of Cosplayers had bought their outfits, which I thought was stupid, as the winner bought their outfit. I sometimes prefer people who made their own, as it shows they've made more effort, rather than just spending money.

That's also another reason why I don't like Cosplay, some are strictly for those who make their own costumes but a lot of mediocre festival whatchamacallit's offer people to buy their own costumes, and there's plenty of nice ones going on eBay. It's more a competition of effort rather than how much money you have.

Back