Japan, UK Wii difference?

kingcod198

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2007
As the Wii is sold out in the UK with almost no hope of finding one before Christmas I thought I'd start looking abroad. I have a friend who lives in Japan who said that he'd send me one.

What I need to know is what is the difference between the UK and Japanese version? Could I buy UK games and use them on my Japanese model. I ask because I think years ago the Super Nintendo's were a little different. Any help?

ok dnt no if this is rite but yes i beleive you can cause japan and the uk both are on the pal verson like us here in australia i think the only place is you cnt buy american cause its ntcs or watever they call it lol but like i said no 100 percent sure:cool:

jess4mick said:
ok dnt no if this is rite but yes i beleive you can cause japan and the uk both are on the pal verson like us here in australia i think the only place is you cnt buy american cause its ntcs or watever they call it lol but like i said no 100 percent sure:cool:

Japan is NTSCJ

Its worth buying one if you can read Japaesne

Hi, I ordered a Wii from Amazon.de last week, it took 6 days to arrive and cost £174 delivered. The German Wii is exactly the same as the UK version only the plug is 2 prong instead of 3, I used a cheap adapter plug and everything's working great :)

andymcc said:
Hi, I ordered a Wii from Amazon.de last week, it took 6 days to arrive and cost £174 delivered. The German Wii is exactly the same as the UK version
Only it dont play medal of honer or any other WW2 games

Dont mention the war to it or talk about it near it

*Dose a Basil Faulty impression*

Back