differences between UK and US version?

snooginzz

WiiChat Member
Oct 30, 2006
ive never imported any games before...i know that there is obviously differences between the us and japanese version. but i was wondering if the differences are noticeable between the uk and us version? i cant preorder one here in the us and im considering ordering a wii off a uk site, if they are the same console.

thanks in advance

In other words totally not worth it, no more impulse game buys while you're down town, who knows how the region thing will work with wifi either etc, sending it back would be a ***** to if it came broken etc in transport.

Just wait...it's just a console not the end of the world if you have to wait a week or two until you get one.

No it's not region locked. It CAN be region locked. Basically all Nintendo games are region free but if Developers want to restrict their games to regions they can. Your call. By the way the Wii doesn't come out in England until December 8th anyway

maxkhoward said:
No it's not region locked. It CAN be region locked. Basically all Nintendo games are region free but if Developers want to restrict their games to regions they can. Your call. By the way the Wii doesn't come out in England until December 8th anyway
No that was said by a Nintendo representative but wasn't true all Wii games will be region locked

Sam_Harris said:
No that was said by a Nintendo representative but wasn't true all Wii games will be region locked

Yup it was clear it would be region locked soon as they announced that the launch would be staggered across the globe. If it wasnt region locked then it would have been a global same day/weekend launch.

Back