Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition

My wife bought for me for xmas ,and i found it to be pretty enjoyable. Of course it being a remake of the original theres not as much action going on as there was in Legends. Everyone complains about the camera ,and aiming controls ,but i found if you hold C down you can manipulate the camera while walking ,and you can also shoot with out holding down Z just use the little blue dot as your aim (kind of like max payne) although if you really need the big reticle they give you with holding Z you can lock on ,and still move your camera as you strafe the baddie by holding both C & Z something that was done in Manhunt 2.

My biggest complaint comes in how you learn what lara is thinking for a certain situation. the only way you get a clue is by pushing the 1 button then you have to push up on the D pad to bring up her journal then you have to select it in order to get a clue. I would of rather her just say something when you sat for awhile trying to figure something out, died too many times, or just when you entered a new area then you could of used the journal just to refer back in case you forgot.

Also if your not careful the checkpoint system can screw you up as sometimes it's a little confusing if you are heading down the right way ,and the checkpoint system will still actiavte even if you already visited that area. i found myself go backwards once ,or twice. i'm sure it's not a problem if you keep on the game for awhile ,but if your like me ,and like to jump from one game to the next ,and come back to one later you could very well get lost when you come back.

Those are my only 2 complaints about the game otherwise i really enjoy it not more than Legends ,but it's still good.

Back