Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top 10 Games to Look Forward to in 2008

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by vashivihan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. vashivihan

vashivihan Let There Be Rock

Wii Friend Code: 8799-9801-1544-7718
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    10.) Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures**

36599_071123_2_01.jpg
    Developer: Funcom
    Publisher: Funcom*, Eidos Interactive *
    Platforms: Xbox 360, PC*

Why is it on our list? *
    Age of Conan is a MMORPG that’s approaching the genre with a very mature style. Expect massive PvP and siege battles.Players can construct strongholds, and wage war on each other. The developers aren’t doing a turn-based combat system (something WoWers are used to), they’re doing real time fighting which puts your reflexes to the test. Finally, something you can get good at.Age of Conan will feature mounted combat. Staying true to Conan lore, there will be plenty of gore and nudity. Ok, sign me up.
    9.) Borderlands

borderlands.jpg

Developer: Gearbox Software
    Publisher: 2K Games
    Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, PC

Why is it on our list?
    Borderlands is inspired by the Mad Max films and Blizzard’s Diablo series. The game features four-player coop along with single and multiplayer modes, and customisable characters and vehicles for vehicular combat. The game’s engine will randomise something like 500,000 different guns as well as different item and armor variations, and maps. ****, I can’t even count that high. The developer has stated that after the initial load, players will not see a loading screen.
    8.) Prototype

prototype.jpg

Developer: Radical Entertainment
    Publisher: Sierra

Why is it on our list?
    Prototype boast the most powerful and dynamic character ever created. Instilled in him are over-the-top parkour movements and shape shifting abilities. Transform into any character in the game, and assume their powers, skills and abilities. The action takes place in a fully open New York City. The game-play looks intense, and the story looks pretty ****ing interesting. Definitely want to see what’s going on here.
    7.) Battlefield: Bad Company

battlefield.jpg

Developer: Radical Entertainment
    Publisher: Digital Illusions CE

Why is it on our list?
    Destructable levels! Anything and everything is destructable on this game. I know I have been asking for something like this to come along for years. In Radical's latest developers' dairy you can see some of the carnage you can create, and it's amazing - plus most of the video is from the 360. The particle system they are implementing looks very life-like. The past online experiences with this franchise have been very fun, and I don't see this one being any different.
    6.) *Left 4 Dead

left4dead.jpg

Developer: Turtle Rock Studios, Valve Corporation
    Publisher: Valve Corporation (Steam), EA Games
    Platforms: Xbox 360, PC

Why is it on our list?
    Fight Together... or Die Alone. That’s Left 4 Dead’s motto. It’s you and four of your friends as you fight of a legion of infected (think zombies). You and comrades must get to the extraction area and await pickup while trying to stay alive. You’ve got limited ammo, and limited health packs. If one of you die, you all will probably die (the fire-power is that important). To make things crazier, four others can join in and try to **** things up for you by causing chaos and letting you get over-run by their infected buddies. For those of us who love shooting things, or simply playing Zombie matches in Halo2/3, this is like the dream-game come true.
    5.) *Little Big Planet

LBP.jpg

Developer: Media Molecule
    Publisher: Sony
    Platforms: PS3

Why is it on our list?
    The innovative and physics based concept is why. Little Big Planet is a puzzle game but to a level never before explored. Their simple, easy to use version of a 'level editor' really makes this game stand out. The player will use their creativity to solve puzzles or create levels. The possibilities with his game are huge and I can't wait to see what comes out of it.
    4.) Grand Turismo 5 Prologue
    gt5.jpg

Developer: Polyphony Digital, Inc.
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
    Platforms: Playstation 3
    Why is it on our list?

I think we all know why this is a game to get. First of all the past Turismos have never let down. Second, it looks unbelievable. I don't think I've ever watched a trailer in so much awe as I did the first GT5 trailer. There are a couple of shots that are flawless and could be mistaken for real life. The new in-cockpit view with customisable is just a taste of the endless amount of new features that will suck away all of my time. This will definitely be a reason to buy a PS3.
    3.) Super Smash Brothers Brawl

supersmash.jpg

Developer: Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Platforms: Wii

Why is it on our list?
    Super Smash Brothers is the only reason any Wii game will ever got one of our lists. This will be the third instalment in the series but will be the first to bring in third party characters to the fight. Most exciting is it's onlinemulti-player capabilities. The creative way that the developers have decided to deal with loss of connection or quiting is enough to get me juicy. All in all an exciting title for an otherwise boring console.
    2.) StarCraft II

starcraft2.jpg

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
    Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment, Vivendi
    Platforms: Mac, PC

Why is it on our list?
    Honestly, I don’t know why this is on the list. It was announced in late 2007 that StarCraft II was in development. Hell, one month earlier, Blizzard said, “we’re not making StarCraft II, stop asking us.” Now, they’ve come out saying, “ok, yes we’re working on StarCraft II, and we’re almost done.” What does that mean to us? It means this game possibly won’t be out until 2009. If it doesn’t debut in quarter 3 in 2008, it won’t be here at all this year. StarCraft II is probably the most widely awaited game in the world. I know Koreans are waiting to see something else on their TVs other than StarCraft: Broodwar. That game probably looks like **** on all their Samsung and LG HDTVs. Not to mention the original game had some an incredible following. I still know a group-full of people who have been playing that game since it’s release 11 or 12 years ago. I know; I’ve lost track. I stopped playing (regularly) when WarCraft III came.
    1.) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    MGS4.jpg

Developer: Kojima Productions
    Publisher: Konami
    Platforms: Playstation 3

Why is it on our list?
    Another reason to fork over my last $500. Kojima says to buy and I will buy. The latest on MGS4 is that it will definitely be coming out in Q2. The game is playable from start to finish, and they are beginning testing. The new "Octocamo" system for snake, which allows him to blend into any surface within five seconds will add a new dynamic to the campaign and the new online multiplayer mode. Not to mention the new "Beauty and The Beast Unit" character design is unrivaled. MGS4 will be one of those games that I will never put down.

here the link
    http://www.newspail.com/story/644

2. swordkirby

swordkirby Kirby's path follower

starcraft II on the list? i didn't think it was going to be THAT good

3. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

SC is probably the most popular RTS game ever. The game was released 10 years ago and is still running strong with lots of tournaments that have prizes up to $30,000 and has been at WCG for many years and still will this year. People make an actual living off SC in Korea.

Lots of great games, they'res some better ones though. They didnt even mention GTA4. Its kinda sad there's only one Wii game, but that one Wii game has a good chance of being GOTY.

4. vashivihan

vashivihan Let There Be Rock

Wii Friend Code: 8799-9801-1544-7718
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    yeah they didnt mention mario kart wii, sadness which actually has potential and gta 4

5. LevesqueIsKing

LevesqueIsKing An Instant Classic

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    To post a picture, you've got to wrap it in [​IMG]

6. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

He copied and pasted an article, so it didnt paste the pictures, instead of showed the file name.

7. MVGeneral

MVGeneral WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8674-9549-9318-8797
    8674-9549-9318-8797
    Thats a anti-Nintendo website

8. livid2639

livid2639 wiidefender

what happened to spore? spore is going to be the best game in 08.

9. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

release date for spore isnt even announced yet. Atleast im pretty sure it isnt...

10. nic7

nic7 Wiichat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8853-1952-9704-6115
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    You may want to bold some of this list. (Titles, etc.) Make it a little easier to read.

Oh, and I heavily disagree with this list.

(And Spore has been "Semi-Kinda-Sorta-Tentatively announced for Q3 2008)

11. sagema

sagema 3D Artist

Wii Friend Code: 4496-9128-1304-3457
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Star Craft II shouldn't be on the list. Like Final Fantasy 13 it probably won't launch until 2009. Also that list is garbage. Half the games on it won't sell 500,000 copies. SSBB will sell more copies than MGS4 because the preorders for that game are up there with Halo 3. Ask a Gamestop employee and not big corporate USA what they think will be on that list. There are scores of games in 2008 like Lost Oddesy that will pull in real sales. Not Conan the garbage adventures that doesn't even follow the books. I'm still pissed how Eidos is pulling rank on the gaming press lately.

One market, and I mean one market will flop in 2008. That will be the MMO market. It's based of licensed games and not orignal IP. WoW will fully monopolize the market by 2008 and that will be a bad thing for their competition which wants to run off cheap rip offs and human greed. All other genres in 2008 should grow.

#11 sagema, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  12. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Your stupid think SCII shouldnt be on it. SC1 is almost 10 years old and still has thousands of people playing it. Also there are thousands of Diablo II and War3 players that would play it also. Along with all the WoW players that would quit for SCII. When you look at the fanbase for a Blizzard game, its not just the SC community but the whole Blizzard community, most people who own a blizzard game and play it alot own other Blizzard games.

SCII is one of the most anticipated PC games on that list IMO.

13. Raphael986

Raphael986 WiiChat Member

The new phoenix wright game: Apollo justice for ds! And I think their making the finale of phoenix wright as well.

14. +Maniacal=Maniac+

+Maniacal=Maniac+ Am I Losing Friends?

Wii Friend Code: 4516-7863-9846-6018
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    I Just Want Brawl... Then I'll Be Happy!

15. largedarry

largedarry Waiting For Tomorrow

Wii Friend Code: 8861-8821-7046-6197
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Well I don't think I agree with very much on that list. They are obvious sony fan boys, considering that 6 of the games are on PS3. I would agree that GT5 and MGS4 could move some PS3's and put up a decent sales number. For the rest of the list (not counting SSBB or SC2) is sub-par at best, lucky to sell 500k in 6 months. I can easily think of 20 other games that are coming out in '08 that will sell more than double most of these games.

16. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

Seems like quite an amature site, judging by the amount of mistakes in the article. Nothing there that really makes me think i must buy a PS3 yet either, as these games that they are hyping could turn out to be just another Lair or Assassins Creed with style over substance (except MGS4 and GT5).

17. rates1gtc

rates1gtc WiiChat Member

I don't agree with half of this list.

Aren't we on wii chat? 1 wii title. Your weaksauce!

18. Sterculius

Sterculius WiiChat Member

That list sucks...

What about Street Fighter 4, GTA 4, God of War Chains of Olympus, Silent Hill 5, Ghostbusters:The Game, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Tekken 6, The Club, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Okami for Wii....

these are just a handful of games I'm looking forward to, there are so many more I want on top of those. i can't believe none of them made that so-called list

19. SensesFail

SensesFail WiiChat Member

haha they made fun of the Wii.

i can see brawl on there though, but any other wii game? yeah right.. especially on an anti-wii site lol.

Conan got like a 7, so the sequal probably wont be good either.

starcraft? gay..

battlefield/LittleBigPlanet/MGS4..yeah those are gonna be good

and left for dead will be awesome

20. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Conan COULD actually be good though. Its not a sequel really. Its a whole new MMO game. When i first heard about it I really wanted it bad until I heard MMO. Im not paying $15 a month to play 1 game. I wouldnt pay $15 a month if Live costed that much.

But yea, the person who made the list is an obvious Sony Lover. I think Mario Kart is gonna be great too. Also Fable 2, Too Human, GTA4, Devil May Cry 4 and where the hell is FF13? Not that I want FF13, but ALOT of people are really waiting for that one.