President of NO MA'AM
Sep 25, 2006
Central Coast, CA, USA
Wii Online Code
0169-9501-5816-7969
Just read an interesting article on msn. Check it out:

The important part of the article:

Hot season for video gamers:
Nintendo's Wii console will make its U.S. debut on November 19 in what is expected to be a hot holiday season for video game consoles; Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3 is slated to hit U.S. stores November 17.

But Nintendo, with its "Donkey Kong," "Mario Brothers" and "Pokemon" game franchises, has found success with a younger audience.

"The PlayStation 3 is really geared to a savvy gaming enthusiast," said Kathleen Waugh, a spokeswoman for Toys "R" Us, of the decision to add the Wii to the list. "The Wii system appeals to young kids as well as adults."

The Wii, priced at $250, features a motion-sensing controller that operates like a television remote control and lets players simulate swinging a bat, sword or tennis racquet.

Waugh said one of Toys "R" Us' criteria of adding an item to its hot list is knowing it will have sufficient stock of the item for the holiday season, and she said that Toys "R" Us was able to ensure that by "taking a leadership position on the launch of Wii."

The list:
Toys "R" Us' 2006 "Fabulous 15" list Toy Brand
Blue Man Group Percussion Tubes
ToyQuest

Designer's World
Tiger Games

Dora's Talking Cash Register
Fisher-Price

ESPN Fast Action Football
Fisher-Price

Kid-Tough Digital Camera
Fisher-Price

Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano
Fisher-Price

Mindstorms NXT
Lego

My Scene My Bling Bling Styling Head
Mattel

Pink Nitro Notebook
VTech

Power Rangers Deluxe Manticore Megazord
Bandai

Speed Stacks StackPack
Play Along

Sound City Railway
Imaginarium

Tap Dancing Mumble
Thinkway

T.M.X. Elmo
Fisher-Price

Wii
Nintendo
The whole article: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/News/HotToysGoingDigital.aspx

This tells me that Toys R Us will be a good place to get your wiis at. :cool:

Last edited:
Back