Transferring Zelda Games?

mortal888

WiiChat Member
May 4, 2007
Is it possible to transfer my game from a friend's wii to my new wii?
How do I do it?

Thanks

Cool. I just need to buy an SD card. Then how do I transfer it?

go into wii options and data managementt and copy it over from the wii to the SD, not sure if itll work though, last time i saw i thread like this it was still being discussed (i.e. argued lol) wether the game saves were console encryped like the VCs

It should definitely work. Insert the SD, go to Data Management in Wii Settings, select the Twilight Princess save, press copy, and it will copy it to the SD card.

Yeah, all game saves can be transferred via a SD card, although VC games are connected to that particular Wii and are non-transferable. Goodluck. :thumbsup:

i thought you could transfer VC games with an SD card, doesnt it say in the manual or somthing, i dont know much about VC though
exept that v and c are next to each other on a qwerty keyboard

compodude said:
i thought you could transfer VC games with an SD card, doesnt it say in the manual or somthing, i dont know much about VC though
exept that v and c are next to each other on a qwerty keyboard
No, I meant that VC games can be backed up onto an SD card but they cannot be transferred onto another Wii console.

compodude said:
really, so you cant give a VC game to a friend then?
Thats right. Since VC titles are tied down to a particular Wii console, it cannot be shared. Avoids free distribution of VC games.

Back