switching boxes

SALBAST

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2008
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. Last week I bought a used Wii and I love it. Anyway, I actually found and ordered a new one and plan on returning the used one once I get it. Here's my question. How will I be able to transfer all my information over to the new Wii? I know how to transfer my Mii, but how do I transfer my wii points, saved games, and channels? Any help on this I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advanced.

Im guessing if you can at all it would be with a SD card but im pretty sure you can't transfer wii points.

Last edited:
Hello; welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure anything you download on a particular console is somehow locked to the particular console, identified by the serial or Wii console number assigned to it. You may consider selling it instead of taking it back, that way you could get your money back and maybe even a little more since they are still not regularly in stores.

Some save games won't let you transfer them either (such as Guitar Hero 3).

But yeah, Nintendo locks down pretty much everything to your particular Wii. Not only that, but if you do the system reset/erase, you get a new Wii # even on the same unit! Big no-no if you want to carry anything over.

if you want to do this then you need to call nintendo to transfer your account and all your vc games and points over unfortunately certain game saves wont transfer such as brawl and other online games. just try and transfer what you can with an sd card and call nintendo about the points

Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate everybody's input on this.

Back