trouble with my disk channel!

xdrchrcx

WiiChat Member
Sep 6, 2007
hi, iv been having trouble with my wii playing wii games. anytime i put a wii game in the system it doesnt boot, and when i go to the disk channel a message comes up saying :initiating wii system update. and i go on and agree and then a message reply says wii updated failed.

iv manually updated the wii threw settings a few times and that doesnt seem to help, even though the will updates succesful i still get the same message at the disk channel. also gamecube games work fine just my wii games wont work.

if anyone can help please let me know.

thnx dan.

I suggest calling Nintendo About this Problem cause they know more of the Updates then anyone here..

I have the same problem. I tried calling the nintendo hotline, but they're telling me to send it in for a repair, which I don't want to do ><;;. I'm GUESSING it might have something to do with the internet connection via wireless router. I would also appreciate feedback and ideas from anyone. Thanks guys!

Is your Wii chipped?

Have you been trying to play games from another area?

Sounds like it is initiating an update that you are not supposed to have.. .. ..

same problem here!!! insert any game and an update starts, fails and restarts the console. it's 100% not an internet connectivity issue since i recently downloaded the update for the new shopping channel version and can connect to the browser just fine.

OP, was your problem resolved? my wii is modded so i can't really send it into nintendo. curiously, the ONLY game (burned or purchased) that works on my system is mario strikers charged (which is burned incidentally).

Back