Trouble with Tecmo Super Swing Golf

Bigbit

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2007
Just hooked up my Wii this weekend and so far, real happy. I did buy Tecmo's Super Swing Golf, and am having trouble getting it started. I start the game, and it goes through the normal Safety warnings, etc. I then get a screen telling me to press "A" on my Wii remote. The game responds to my pressing "A", then looks like it's going to start, but I get a message to the effect of "Could not save file to Wii System memory" and underneath it an "OK" box. There is what looks like a "gunsite" cursor to the upper left part of the message. The game from here forward does not respond to the Wii Remote. The cursor will not move, the game will not respond to button pushes, etc. The only button that gets a response is a push of "Home" which will allow me to exit the game and go back to the Wii main menu.

If I boot the game and then do nothing on the "A" prompt, the game goes into demo mode. I can press the "A" button at any time during the demo, but end up back at my "dead message" screen above. :mad2:

Anyone with help or suggestions?

Do other games work?

Try formatting your Wii memory.

If that fails, call Nintendo :-(

All my other games seem to work, including Madden 07, ExciteTruck, Raymon, and Poker. The Wii is showing 1852 blocks of memory free.

If I format the Wii memory, will I lose everything in it? I have a couple of VC games that I bought and downloaded, and they will not copy over to SD.

Bigbit said:
All my other games seem to work, including Madden 07, ExciteTruck, Raymon, and Poker. The Wii is showing 1852 blocks of memory free.

If I format the Wii memory, will I lose everything in it? I have a couple of VC games that I bought and downloaded, and they will not copy over to SD.

Yeah you need to copy all saves to SD card and I think you should be able to copy VC games to SD allso but even if you could not you can allways download them again for free. Allso I would try creating Super Swing Golf save block first (first game in after format) and if it still won't work try some other game and if it works it's most likely fault in game disc than in Wii it self. If you cna create save data with Super Swing Golf as a first one try to create with rest of the games you have and redownload VC games you have if you get some errors later I think you have some kind of flash drive malfunction thus you need to call to Nintendo.

At Least

At least you can buy Super Swing Golf... here in the UK the only sports game to buy is Madden! Anyone tell Nintendo that the UK doesn't play American Football?

Chris.

I finally solved the Super Swing Golf problem.

Since I was getting an error regarding creating a save file, I decided to see if I could find a save file I could use on the web. I found one on Wiisave.com. Copied it to my SD card and then into Wii System memory from the SD card. Started the game and now I got a regular game starting menu, but the cursor still wouldn't move. All of the other Wii remote buttons worked, though. Decided it must be a Wii remote setup issue. Went to the Wii setup menu and checked the Sensitivity setting. Even though it seemed to be responding properly (two blinking lights) at a setting of 3, I changed the setting to 5 and tried Super Swing Golf again. Now SSGolf plays just fine.

It's really strange. The Wii and all other Wii games function fine with a Sensitivity setting of 3. Only SSGolf requires the setting of 5, but I have left it at 5 as everything else seems to work at the 5 setting as well.

I have only been playing SSGolf since this AM when I figured out the problem, but it seems like a lot of fun.

Back