Unable to connect - router compatibility??

Tee

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2010
Essex England
Hi there,
First let me say I am by no means tech savvy. I understand enough to get by, so please be gentle with me :wink:

I have been trying to connect my Wii to the internet via my wireless connection but keep getting error code 51330.
I have been to the Wii website, read through just about everything on there on how to connect and troubleshooting, I have also sat here for about 4 hours this morning reading through other posts and see lots of very similar problems, but to be honest didn't understand most of the replies about LAN adaptors!! and ethernet somethings, or usb connections (like I said not tech savvy at all!!)

Anyway I have come to the conclusion my router is probably not compatible - its not in the list on the Wii website ( Huawei HG521- and was wondering if there is a way round this that does not involve buying a new router or attaching to my Wii via a cable.
There is also nothing that would cause radio interference, the router is only about 4 feet away from the Wii with no other physical obstructions in the way, MAC filtering is not turned on, although I have managed to find the MAC address for both the Wii and my router!! just in case I need them.

Hope someone can give me a simple (dumbed down plain speaking) answer to this most frustrating problem

Tee

Last edited:
WOW 6 hours, 39 views .... not one reply!!!! think I must be in the wrong place for help!!!

Back