Upgraded audio on wii?

Remax Realtor

Banned
Nov 19, 2006
Do the component cables only come with the regular red/white audio cables, or does it have coaxial? I wish it had an optical out, but didnt see it while I was hooking it up. I thought I saw dolby surround sound in some of the games, but it seems the only way to get true surround sound is with at least a coaxial cable. My receiver could replicate the surround sound, but it sounds 100x better with coaxial or optical.

Dolby Pro Logic II. This is stereo, with side-stream information encoded with the audio. Normally, you can't hear it when listening through standard audio devices that only process stereo.

When you plug the Wii RCA (composite) stereo output into a Dolby Pro Logic II compatible audio receiver or television, the receiver/TV will decode the extra information and send the audio channels to the appropriate locations -- it's 5.1. Use "Movie" mode.

SuperH said:
Dolby Pro Logic II. This is stereo, with side-stream information encoded with the audio. Normally, you can't hear it when listening through standard audio devices that only process stereo.

When you plug the Wii RCA (composite) stereo output into a Dolby Pro Logic II compatible audio receiver or television, the receiver/TV will decode the extra information and send the audio channels to the appropriate locations -- it's 5.1. Use "Movie" mode.

Okay, question. I have a Logitech Z-5500 setup. I know it can decode PLII, it specifically says so. However... to get sound into it, I need to use an RCA -> 1/8" miniplug adapter. Will that destroy the extra signals for true surround, or not? I can select PLII Movie mode, but I'm wondering if it's worth it?

Back