USB Storage for Wii, if it works ... which will you use?

csiguy4u said:
What you are looking for is a "bus powered hd".

I'd probly get something like this if I wanted something ultra portable. . .

http://www.apricorn.com/product_detail.php?type=family&id=5

Ya that's pretty portable and I saw some other ones like that with smaller capacity but 80GB is alot for something that size.

The one I posted in the link actually comes with a remote control since it's made for multimedia purposes. Thought that was kinda cool.

I would use a USB hard Drive (faster) if it worked which it doesn't

I have tested my 2.5 inch 40GB external Drive in both Fat32 and NTFS with no success with or without my 2GB SD card in the slot but i expected that why would clicking on the SD slot "tab" as mentioned before cause the Wii to look at the USB ports? Software update would be required to add a setting to check the USB ports for Storage

if this is possible would be great way to transfer channels and VC games to PC for backup on CD or DVD in case of system failure

nyk0n said:
I would use a USB hard Drive (faster) if it worked which it doesn't

I have tested my 2.5 inch 40GB external Drive in both Fat32 and NTFS with no success with or without my 2GB SD card in the slot but i expected that why would clicking on the SD slot "tab" as mentioned before cause the Wii to look at the USB ports? Software update would be required to add a setting to check the USB ports for Storage

if this is possible would be great way to transfer channels and VC games to PC for backup on CD or DVD in case of system failure

Yea, this is something I anticipate them doing sometime in the future. It only makes sense, since the internal storage is only 512MB. Hence the topic of which piece would you actually use / buy? :cool:

Back