Usb

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
I have recently heard that the Nintendo Wii has USB. I think Nintedo will do a lot with this USB. Possibly they might sell external HDs that are made from Nintendo especially for the Wii? A possibility. This might come as they extend Wii's features.

GreyKirby said:
USB ports 2.0
Yea probably like a wiboard[keyboard] to type. Or Maybe something else?
Definately. Is there only one slot? Honestly, I have no idea if this is possible... probably not but they might sell something you can hook up so that it enables more USB slots... if they do sell more USB accessories.

Nintendo wouldnt really release ext. Harddrives or that with there names on it, I beleive theyd keep up on the convenient path and just allow any brand usb storage device.
the wii will have 2 usb ports, and yes there are usb multi-hubs that connect to just one usb port but can hold like 4-8 usb devices, look around best buy

ocdan said:
Nintendo wouldnt really release ext. Harddrives or that with there names on it, I beleive theyd keep up on the convenient path and just allow any brand usb storage device.
the wii will have 2 usb ports, and yes there are usb multi-hubs that connect to just one usb port but can hold like 4-8 usb devices, look around best buy
Cool.
Yeah, it's kinda a stretch... but Nintendo could do it... maybe. :arf:

2 usb ports, and yes they are rumored to be used for memory expansion.Nintendo said the reason for the systems low pricing is by giving us an expandable system and letting US decide how much memory we need. But also says they will not be making a nintendo official hard drive. An external 100gb hd is roughly 90 bucks!You do the math. Them puppies plug right into the usb slot.Just need to format them....who knows, more speculation for us.

daddyfatsackz said:
2 usb ports, and yes they are rumored to be used for memory expansion.Nintendo said the reason for the systems low pricing is by giving us an expandable system and letting US decide how much memory we need. But also says they will not be making a nintendo official hard drive. An external 100gb hd is roughly 90 bucks!You do the math. Them puppies plug right into the usb slot.Just need to format them....who knows, more speculation for us.
Alright cool.
I just think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to introduce External HDs for the Wii. Make some extra cash. :p

they already have dozens on the market, just format and operating system would be needed,or not if it just holds info similar to the flash drives, can I plug my 1gb flash drive and save to that? So many variants out there, I cant wait.

ocdan said:
im not saying its not probable, IMO it just would seem like something Sony would do...

Is that why they are allowing any HD into the Ps3? Interesting.

Back