User agreement problem. PLEASE HELP!!

Frack72169

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hey guys and gals,
Just got my wii and im setting up the internet connection. It finds my wireless connection fine. When i go to the user agreements section, it freezes the screen saying you must review the User Agreements before using wii network services. Problem is, i cant hit the next button... Ive reformatted my memory 3 times and still cannot get passed this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I got my Wii yesterday and I came across this problem too. Im connected to my pc via the white usb wi-fi connecter. I waited for about 10 mins when it froze up on me. It wouldnt even let me switch the power off on the wii itself. In the end I switched the power off ay the mains and everything was ok. Iwas able to go back into the menus and agree to whatever you need to and im now online downloading games.

I am having the same problem as you. I still have not got it rectified. So far I was told to change my wireless connection to channel 1. I tried that but I still did not get past the user agreements.

Is there anyone out there who has had this problem and solved it? Need some more suggestions.

Thanks,
SS

seriouslysubdued said:
I am having the same problem as you. I still have not got it rectified. So far I was told to change my wireless connection to channel 1. I tried that but I still did not get past the user agreements.

Is there anyone out there who has had this problem and solved it? Need some more suggestions.

Thanks,
SS
Uhhh, SS, read the post above yours. It looks like Steve242526 had the same problem but solved it himself....

People, please learn to read the forums before posting :rolleyes:

Londonspot,

I did read his post and what worked for him (turning off the power and trying again) did not work for me. I have tried that multiple times.

I was asking if there was any more solutions / suggestions from anyone else who had this trouble.

I can read just fine, thank you very much.

seriouslysubdued said:
Londonspot,

OK, first off, learn to spell
seriouslysubdued said:
I did read his post and what worked for him (turning off the power and trying again) did not work for me. I have tried that multiple times.

I was asking if there was any more solutions / suggestions from anyone else who had this trouble.

I can read just fine, thank you very much.

Secondly, your post didn't mention that you had tried what Steve did, you said that you changed the wireless channel and that didn't work. I was only trying to help in you hadn't tried Steve's solution. Just seems like some people don't spend the extra time reading through other threads on here to see if someone else has had talked about the same thing. Not saying that you didn't read it, no offense intended. We're all friends here OK? :yesnod:

Perhaps your Wii is bad or maybe call Nintendo, see what they say(you'll probably have more luck getting through to them than trying to get a new Wii at the moment)

The exact same thing happened to me. The Wii freezes up ( I too can't even turn it off) when I try to agree to the user agreement. It's really pissing me off. I tried it numerous times! I sent Nintendo an email last week and they have yet to respond to me.

Possible solution to missng "User Agreements"

Problem: When you have finished connecting your Wii to the internet (verify this by trying to do an update) you go to the user agreements tab in the internet section. However, when you try to access the user agreements all you see is a page which says "You must review the user agreements before connecting to wii network services" and a 'next' button in the bottom right corner. When you click 'next' the screen freezes, or it says, connecting to the internet and the comes back with the error message 220602 - which means your wii is not connected to the internet. Now, this is unusal since you know that the connection is fine.

Possible solution: To unfreeze the screen, simply plug the wii out. If after doing that you go unto the next stage which give you the error code 220602, try this:

1. Set up a new internet connection manually
2. Find out the IP address, and DNS number of your wireless router (wii support has info on how to do this)
3. On the wii menu in the space which says "Primary IP" address, input the secondary adress for the router, and where it says "Secondary IP address" for the wii input the primary adress for the router.
4. Disable any other wireless devices in the vicinity that are connected to your router (laptops etc.)
5. Go back to the user agreements now.

bigdaddy said:
1. Set up a new internet connection manually
2. Find out the IP address, and DNS number of your wireless router (wii support has info on how to do this)
3. On the wii menu in the space which says "Primary IP" address, input the secondary adress for the router, and where it says "Secondary IP address" for the wii input the primary adress for the router.
4. Disable any other wireless devices in the vicinity that are connected to your router (laptops etc.)
5. Go back to the user agreements now.

And if I've done all of these things and am still getting 220602?

I'm using an older Linksys router (BEFVP41), which might be the problem, but there's no firewall settings in the router config that should be blocking this.

Having the same Prob. Done evrything above. It downloaded all updates fine just trying to connect now. No Joy!!!

Help!!! Router is Netgear DG834G v2

When i get in wii connect 24 it tells me that wii network agreement are not offered. I have a wireless connection but i can not turn on my wii connect 24.. It downloaded all updates fine just trying to connect now. PLS help me:worship::worship::sad:

Dont laugh, But make sure the sensor bar is plugged into the back of the Wii

I got so excited when I set it up I forgot about this and had the same Problem

wampa said:
Dont laugh, But make sure the sensor bar is plugged into the back of the Wii

I got so excited when I set it up I forgot about this and had the same Problem

Wampa, my sensor bar is plugged and I am able to play games except getting connected to the Wii channels and the Wii24. Like Andreas, that User Agreement text doesn't appear. I got an email from Nintendo and told them to ship them back the unit. :cryin:

Andreas, have you tried calling Nintendo customer service?

Last edited:
I send them an e-mail but they did not answered me.Try your luck they may answer you

Last edited:
Back