Using controllers and memory cards bought from overseas?

Chidori

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Does anyone know whether it is possible to use controllers and memory cards from another country (say Asia) for a Wii bought in Australia?

I don't really know much. :frown2:

im gonna post a follow up: can you hook up an american wii in europe? im only asking about hookin it up to the internet, not about different tv standards or regional codes on the games.

Chidori said:
Does anyone know whether it is possible to use controllers and memory cards from another country (say Asia) for a Wii bought in Australia?

I don't really know much. :frown2:
Controllers, nobody is really sure. Memory cards yes. There is nothing special about Wii SD cards. SD is an existing standard, anything that is going to call itslef an SD card has to fit the standard.

phate said:
im gonna post a follow up: can you hook up an american wii in europe? im only asking about hookin it up to the internet, not about different tv standards or regional codes on the games.

You should be able to without a problem. There are the standards for wifi that the Wii conforms to, and standards that most router manufacturers follow. Therefore you should be able to connect anywhere that has an internet connection.

I would research more about this, I don't know anything about bluetooth, but i've heard that 5.8ghz frequency must be registered?!? There might be something different that we don't know

Thanks for the info guys

I have another similar query, can I use Gamecube controllers from overseas for my Wii?

Gamecube controllers can be used for the Gamecube games, as well as a select few of virtual console games. The controller can also be used for a very minimal amount of Wii games.

But do gamecube controllers from overseas operate on a local Wii, or are they region specified too

Also, are gamecube memory cards from overseas compatible too?

Back