Using the Wii for rehab and physiotherapy

arnoldo101

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2008
Hospitals around the country are adapting to new technology, introducing the Nintendo Wii gaming console as a new mean for patients to do physiotherapy and work on addiction issues. The Wii consoles have already been deployed in hospitals in Missouri, Illinois, and North Carolina. Good idea?

No, because why would they need it in a hospital if the people cant even get up in use it if theyre sick.

i think the wii is the best out of all the 3rd generation gaming because its fun it can sense every little move you make it gets you fit and keeps you active unlike the xbox you just sit there presin buttons ps3 you cant really do as much but still can sense a bit of wat you do

jones9614 said:
i think the wii is the best out of all the 3rd generation gaming because its fun it can sense every little move you make it gets you fit and keeps you active unlike the xbox you just sit there presin buttons ps3 you cant really do as much but still can sense a bit of wat you do
lol the people in rehab will proably brake it

People in Rehab good get their anger out by playing boxing or tennis because they'll hit it as hard as they can.

I think its amazing how people who are very sick can still play and enjoy the Wii because of the simplicity in the controls.

I think its good, it helps them with the recovery process in some cases, or it could. Even if the help is done emotionally by playing the Wii and not necessarily physical, its still help.

Bran said:
No, because why would they need it in a hospital if the people cant even get up in use it if theyre sick.

b/c not everyone is a hospital is bedridden

they'll do it for a week, then after buying 25 new tv's they'll say screw it, send em to the homeless kids that don't have TVs

Back