VC Games On SD

tenlientl

WiiChat Member
Jun 12, 2007
So you can save VC games on the SD.. but you can't play them directly on them so you must transfer them back to the internal Wii memory to play.. Correct?

Couldn't I just get a friend of mine that owns some VC games, save it on his SD, then transfer it on mine? Or each of those VC games are registered to only only Wii systems?

Can I save VC games onto my SD card?
Yes...but you can only play them when they're stored on your Wii's internal memory.

But...What if I don't have enough space and have to delete games? Will I have to pay again?
Nope. The purchase is linked to your Wii and you can re-download any game you've already bought.

What about save games for stuff downloaded from the VC? Can you keep them if you delete the game itself?

Yes, you can. They are stored separately on the wii.

Do I have to use a Classic Controller to play VC games?
Some, yes. When you purchase a VC game from the Shopping Channel it will show you what controllers are compatible with it. Some are compatible with the WiiMote alone, some only the Classic Controller. Here is a rough guide to what gamesystems are compatible with what controllers.

Can I use Really Old Megadrive gameS on my Wii?
Doubtful, it's your Wii if you want to try...

Can I copy games onto SD cards and give them to my Wii-owning friends to play?

No, VC games can only be played on the console they were bought on.

They should release a system update for the Wii of which would let you load saved games and run virtual console games off SD cards.

You can load saved games onto other wiis through ur sd card but not vc games because they dont want u giving away free vc games or even selling them to ur friends.

Each VC game is connected to a particular Wii console by code, so there can be no transferring of VC games between consoles. Nintendo planned this to avoid the distribution of VC games without purchase.

Back