Vc Points

benjam5

THATS ZELDTASTIC
Apr 26, 2007
aust
hey im new to the wii and may sound stupid but im pointing out IM NEW TO THE WII and i would like to know how you go about getting points to get the VC games??

Buy them at Wally World or go to the Wii Shop channel, and use your Credit Card if you have one.

Hey there welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. I usually purchase my VC points via the Shopping Channel using my credit card but you can also purchase them in-store as mentioned above.

Yep. If you purchase Wii points with your credit card, it's almost instantly delivered to your Wii. If you go out and buy a card, correct me if I'm wrong, you get more points for the same amount. Either way is good - you still get Wii points to spend on lovely Nintendo games. ^.^

-THIS IS WRONG. Read my next post.

Last edited:
LuzTeTT said:
Yep. If you purchase Wii points with your credit card, it's almost instantly delivered to your Wii. If you go out and buy a card, correct me if I'm wrong, you get more points for the same amount. Either way is good - you still get Wii points to spend on lovely Nintendo games. ^.^

Sadly your incorrect, at least here in the US. A lot of stores sell the 2000 point card for $20 - $25 (plus tax) on the online store it is 2000 for $20 (plus tax if your in an area that Nintendo can charge tax). So the point card can be the same price as the online store, or slightly more depending on the retailer (although I have seen the 2000 card at certain Walmarts for $19.86 which does end up slightly cheaper)

OH! Of course. Well over here, you can't buy 2000 points in the shop channel.
We have 1000 points for AUD $15.00, then 3000 points for AUD $45.00 and finally 5000 points for AUD $75.00.
The 2000 points cards are sold at EB Games for AUD $29.95.

The shop channel gives you a cheaper price but won't allow you to buy 2000 points - so you're either paying more or paying less. Personally, I prefer 3000 points for $45.
Algorithm:
Each 1000 points cost $15.00 AUD.
2000 = $15.00 x 2 ... $30.00 AUD.
3000 = $15.00 x 3 ... $45.00 AUD.
4000 = $15.00 x 4 ... $60.00 AUD.
5000 = $15.00 x 5 ... $75.00 AUD.

You're not getting ripped off if you use the shop channel or buying a points card. I disproved myself. xD

NOTE: You can't buy 4000 points. Well, not here at least.

Any information on US standards? Or is there a set value for points there, too?

Back