Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Another UK retro games show thing
But in my home town so I will be attending
vgn-crop1.jpg

This exhibition charts the meteoric rise of videogaming. Once the sacred realm of the bedroom programmer, it has grown into a multi-billion pound industry which spans more than 30 years of games and consoles. From the British-made ZX Spectrum to the Nintendo DSi, discover and play old favourites and forgotten gems such as Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner and Sensible World of Soccer. Explore Lara Croft's worlds in Tomb Raider and understand why Grand Theft Auto has become one of entertainment's biggest British exports. Explore different gaming environments from the arcade game and sporting arena to interconnected multi-player games and virtual worlds. The exhibition also examines the cultural impact of gaming, from its cleverly designed graphics and contemporary soundtracks as well as its darker side – violent content and gaming addiction. With a high level of interactivity and strong historical narrative about the story of gaming, this exhibition is suitable for pros and novices alike.
Link
If theres any people going let me know and I can direct you to a good pub with arcade games

Im a bit shocked at the lack of response in this thread.
Where are the retro gamers?

Well ive been there

First ill start with a little bit about what its about -
Its about all the games and consoles that where made in the UK. (so no Halo and Zelda here).
Yep thats it.
ITS THAT SIMPLE!
Now on to the main bit of the review (ill keep it shortish)
Well upon hearing about a video games exhibition I was kinda excited. (there are a few but there all over the UK and im not exactly able to travel to distant places). But then hearing that its about all games made in the UK made it sound better. Having never gone to the URBIS before I didn't know what it was like on the inside (was tempted by the anime/manga exhibition but I was lazy). I wont go into detail about what its like but ill just say THE DOORS CREAPED ME OUT!

Ok now ill talk about the lay out of it
It was nice airy and spacious. It seemed like nothing was just placed in a corner. As per usual with these things it was a loop. So you didn't come to a dead end. Each display came with a little description of what it was and why its there witch is nice for those that don't know about the game (Game is only round the corner for them)............
The rest is on my blog

Back