Virginia Tech Tragedy Thread of Silence

En4Neo said:
Oh yeah of course 4/20 is the druggy day, I wasn't thinking about that.

yup 4/20 its not that big in NYC atleast not where i am so im not stressin about it.

I always have cops at my school. :( There is usually at least three or four cops at my school all the time. They bring in the drug dogs about once a month too. Except they don't tell you instead they say "teachers please keep your students in the class because there was a spill in the halls and we are cleaning it up." Then you hear a bunch of dogs barking and drugatics being called to the office so it kind of gives it away. I probably have to see one of the cops at my school tommorrow because of some stuff I did today. :( Then I will probably get in trouble and not be able to celebrate. :(

Shiftfallout said:
Im suprised he got away killing so many people, If the guys just mobbed him it would have been over will less death. If he locks him self in a room with 33 people, and those 33 people see him starting to kill them one by one and reload, they better damn well mob his arse.

:wtf:
well there is a thing called shock or fear or both at once. yea they could have mobbed his ass. but no one knew what was going on till it happened. every one wasnt thinking lets be heros. its easy to say what people should have done like you would be any diffrent.

what about the people in the 9-11 incedent they got took over with a damn knife. by the time they did mobb that dude it was too late but by that time they had time to get outta shock and take action.

that crazy dude that shot people didnt hijack for some minutes. just just came in lined em up and killed em.:yikes:

if he killed 33 people then of course he had to reload but like i said no one was trying to be a hero. most didnt know what to do.

Robertking1123 said:
:wtf:
well there is a thing called shock or fear or both at once. yea they could have mobbed his ass. but no one knew what was going on till it happened. every one wasnt thinking lets be heros. its easy to say what people should have done like you would be any diffrent.

what about the people in the 9-11 incedent they got took over with a damn knife. by the time they did mobb that dude it was too late but by that time they had time to get outta shock and take action.

that crazy dude that shot people didnt hijack for some minutes. just just came in lined em up and killed em.:yikes:

if he killed 33 people then of course he had to reload but like i said no one was trying to be a hero. most didnt know what to do.
But if its obvious that you are going to die if you do nothing then wouldn't you take a chance of getting killed trying to stop him? I know I would if I was in that situation. But it wouldn't be because I'm trying to be a hero because I think I have already established that I wouldn't feel sadness for the people unless they where one of my close friends, therefore I wouldn't be trying to save them.

paintba||er said:

But if its obvious that you are going to die if you do nothing then wouldn't you take a chance of getting killed trying to stop him? I know I would if I was in that situation. But it wouldn't be because I'm trying to be a hero because I think I have already established that I wouldn't feel sadness for the people unless they where one of my close friends, therefore I wouldn't be trying to save them.

yea its real easy to say what you would do cause you arent there.:rolleyes: yes we already know you are a heartless person as well. so when one of your friends gets killed dont expect any sympathy. then again we arent heartless. but it would serve you right.

just cause you dont know a person doesnt make their life less important than people you do know.

i hope you arent a us citizen cuz it would be f*cked up that people are fighting and dying for a person who doesnt care if they make it back alive cause you dont know them.

Robertking1123 said:
yea its real easy to say what you would do cause you arent there.:rolleyes: yes we already know you are a heartless person as well. so when one of your friends gets killed dont expect any sympathy. then again we arent heartless. but it would serve you right.

just cause you dont know a person doesnt make their life less important than people you do know.

i hope you arent a us citizen cuz it would be f*cked up that people are fighting and dying for a person who doesnt care if they make it back alive cause you dont know them.
Well actually I had a friend that died quite recently. He was snowmobiling and got caught in an avalanche. He wasn't a very close friend but we were still friends. I prefer to celebrate someone's life when they die rather than mourn their death. For example if my best friend died I would have a party and go paintballing and get wasted like I would do with him if he was alive. Those people lives are important to their family and friends, but since it won't change my life in anyway whether they live or die its not important to me. I am a US citizen yet I fail to see how anyone is fighting and dying for me. If you are referring to Iraq then they don't need to be there. The only people they are helping are the Iraqis and we should be worrying about our own countries people not theirs. Also please don't get so pissed off about what I say because that is just how I think and I can't help it. I'm not going to lie and say I feel bad when I don't.

Last edited:
im not getting mad. just dont see how a person could be so heartless. thats you and just as you say what you feel. i do to. so dont think about it as being mad. think about as speaking what i feel.

death sucks but because of my faith and outlook on life, i dont get bothered by it. The worst thing is a painful death, but death in itself is natural. We are all gonna die someday, some sooner than others. Living is delaying the inevitable. Accept it, remember the person when they lived and move on. I believe in the spirit, there is more to life than the mere flesh and blood. No one truely dies, no one truely lives.

Anyways, Im really tired of this thread so im not going to bother with this subject anymore. Its more pointless than debating consoles.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
as we all wish that none of our relatives were there and that this event never happend, why must you focus on ONLY the gun aspect?
Because guns are freely available in the US. If they weren't this would have been less likely to happen.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
they were in the hands of an EDP (emotionally disturbed persons)!!!! he purchased a glock which is what most people LIKE to buy at gun shops when buying a pistol. ONE becuase its easy to maintain and 2 the accuracy on a glock (any model such as the glock 19) is out standing.

The Glock 19 is sold because it is accurate and easy to maintain. So any idiot can keep it in good condition and kill with the minimum of hassle. Nice.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
the kid looked like EVERY OTHER kid. just another clean cut asian kid who passed ATF records and was able to purchase a firearm. why is that bad??

ATF handles ALL gun transactions in the US. everyone must undergo investigation until they are cleared through their records or if there is a discrepency, they call back as to what it was that caused this hold up or why they were refused.
What is the total of school shooting sprees now? 18? 19? Thats a lot of f@cked up people slipping through the net.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
again im sick and tierd of pointing this aspect out to everyone that is anti gun but you cant hold a bad gun owner accountable for all the GOOD gun owners out there! because a gun goes bang and kills someone doesnt mean that this was something that could of been preventable.
Yes you can and yes it does. A gun is designed to kill things. That is it's only purpose. It is NOT for defense. That is your justification for owning one.
A shield is for defense.

A car can kill people but is not designed to do so. It is designed to transport things between two places. A knife can also be used to kill people, but it has practical, positive, non violent uses.

Guns are designed to kill things. No other reason for their existence.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
alot of things are illegal here too in the US! this doesnt mean that they shouldnt be done because if that were the case, id be out of a job right now
So you, as a cop, are advocating drug use? Or murder? Or rape? Just so you can get paid?

captainff said:
Because guns are freely available in the US. If they weren't this would have been less likely to happen.

The Glock 19 is sold because it is accurate and easy to maintain. So any idiot can keep it in good condition and kill with the minimum of hassle. Nice.

What is the total of school shooting sprees now? 18? 19? Thats a lot of f@cked up people slipping through the net.

Yes you can and yes it does. A gun is designed to kill things. That is it's only purpose. It is NOT for defense. That is your justification for owning one.
A shield is for defense.

A car can kill people but is not designed to do so. It is designed to transport things between two places. A knife can also be used to kill people, but it has practical, positive, non violent uses.

So you, as a cop, are advocating drug use? Or murder? Or rape? Just so you can get paid?

damn. that was kinda deep:smilewinkgrin:

captainff said:

whats youre point??? thats not true at all. you dont see hunters who kill for sport/food going on mass rampages against people do you? you dont see LEOs just randomly shooting for the sake of shooting do you? nope, nope you dont NEXT ARGUMENT-

The Glock 19 is sold because it is accurate and easy to maintain. So any idiot can keep it in good condition and kill with the minimum of hassle. Nice.[/FONT
]

again, whats your point? i love your sense of reading comprehention. infact if you want to get technical and a bit commericalized "its so easy even a cave man can do it"

and no its not an idiot thing, its still hard to maintain as opposed to say a smith and wesson who has JUST as good of a reputation as a glock but i can see where a glock would be the VT shooter's weapon of choice (hense 33 dead in all the right spots)

so? look at the time span between them. this isnt an every day occurance. again, how could this have been prevented? no no no not taking away guns but maybe i dont know...NOTHING could have been done to prevent this. no matter how hard you try to break the situation down

A shield is for defense.

yes a gun is designed to kill things, i agree with that. BUT you know how many times guns have SAVED peoples lives? sexual preditors, rapes, attempted murder, ect? come on dude! if someone was charging at you with intent to hurt you, youd shoot them in a heart beat! you have no time to rationalize.

everything in this world can cause harm to someone else.

no of course not, but keep into consideration that the elimination of crime will NEVER stop no matter who we arrest. there can be a MINIMAL crime rate but never NO crime rate. thats just something that everyone knows

I would like to add that putting the tapes of the gunman brandishing and talking with his weapons on T.V. was really stupid because it didn't heighten our knoledge of the situation and think how painful that was for the families of the dead children to see? I also think gun laws should be made very strict.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
whats youre point??? thats not true at all. you dont see hunters who kill for sport/food going on mass rampages against people do you? you dont see LEOs just randomly shooting for the sake of shooting do you? nope, nope you dont NEXT ARGUMENT-
My point is that in countries where there is a large gun ownership there are a lot of shootings. If you don't own one you can't use it. THAT is why people focus on the gun aspect.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
again, whats your point? i love your sense of reading comprehention.

I admit that sometimes I struggle to read some of the poorly written posts here. But, you said
he purchased a glock which is what most people LIKE to buy at gun shops when buying a pistol. ONE becuase its easy to maintain and 2 the accuracy on a glock (any model such as the glock 19) is out standing.
How does my reply show a lack of comprehension? YOU said it is easy to maintain and accurate. The implication of that is that it doesn't take a great deal of training or expertise to be able to use this weapon for the purpose it was made.
The_Loose_Cannon said:
so? look at the time span between them. this isnt an every day occurance. again, how could this have been prevented? no no no not taking away guns but maybe i dont know...NOTHING could have been done to prevent this. no matter how hard you try to break the situation down

No, it isn't an everyday occurrence. But you cannot keep saying that the easy access of guns in your culture is not linked to gun deaths. I say once again. If you can't access a gun you can't shoot someone. I know that this is hard for you to accept as the gun culture is central to your existence.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
everything in this world can cause harm to someone else.
Yes, if used for something other than it's primary purpose. THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF A GUN IS TO KILL OTHER LIVING THINGS. That is what it was designed to do.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
yes a gun is designed to kill things, i agree with that. BUT you know how many times guns have SAVED peoples lives? sexual preditors, rapes, attempted murder, ect? come on dude! if someone was charging at you with intent to hurt you, youd shoot them in a heart beat! you have no time to rationalize.
Compare that to the 30,000 annual deaths in the US purely from shootings. 30,000 reasons a year to rethink the whole issue.

captainff said:
Compare that to the 30,000 annual deaths in the US purely from shootings. 30,000 reasons a year to rethink the whole issue.

I agree, while it may seem that guns are used to save people (which they are to some point), they have caused more lives to be taken than lives to be saved. Guns are the reasons we have so many problems in this world, along with polotics gone wrong...(Bush) :mad:

I feel deeply sorrowed for those who have had to endure the pain and suffering caused my the recent events.

From what I understand, even if the sale of any guns was stopped tomorrow, there are enough guns out there for every American citizen to have at least one gun. (I am sure that this is an understatement.) The problem here is that guns last a really long time. It's not like they get old and break really quickly. If regulated stores stopped selling guns tomorrow, guns would quickly become hot items on the black market.(Even more so then they are now.) It would be similar to drugs. Since they would be illegal, people would look for illegal ways to obtain them. So, what happens when guns hit the black market in the same way drugs do??? That is where I see a connection between guns and drugs. I have always thought that pro-gun people would be pro-drug, in the sense that they would want drugs to be legalized and regulated, just like guns.

Also, what I fail to understand is those who are pro-gun, but are against any type of law which makes it harder to get a gun or restricts the sales of guns. To me, these restrictions are just another line of safety, which seems to be important to lawful gun owners. If you ask me gun owners should be all about gun control. You realize and respect the power guns have. If you follow the laws to get your guns, and use them safely, why would you care if they are hard to get? But, then again, if they are too hard to get, they would probably just flow into the black market.

So, I don't know much about it, but are there test you have to take to get a gun permit, like a drivers liscense? If not, why would that be a bad thing?

Personally, I am just scarred by guns. I do not find it natural for one person to hold so much power in their hands. I feel the same way about other things too, even things that I use.....like a car. But, I find a car to be a necessity in my life. I guess some people might see a gun as a necessity in their lives, but I just don't see it. I have gotten this far in my life without shooting a gun, and I can make it the rest of my life without it. There is just no need for it. I guess I kinda think of it this way.....If I never give anyone a reason to shoot me, or I never put myself in a position where I need to defend my life, I won't need a gun. And if someone wants to randomly kill me with a gun for no reason, that is just going to happen, but I can't live day to day worrying about that. And a gun on my hip might be protection, but it would also remind me that I always need to be worried, which I would like to live without. Some might call that naive, but I call it happy.

Back