Vista problem...help a girl out, bbz

Celeste

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
2937-4259-9208-4198
So I got a new desktop which was being so fabulous up until yesterday.
All of a sudden, it won't let me play my music files! They're just in the "My Music" folder...nothing shady, and it won't let me effing play them.

I hate Vista.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Here's a screencap of the error message:

k9uw79.jpg

Tyra is upset by this too, bbz.
2rnwthw.gif

Please help. I need to continue chairdancing to Girls Aloud immediately.

Gikoku said:
Have you tried Restarting your computer, or tried using a different media player?

Restarting your computer will not work probably.. Hmm, how'd it happen Celeste? Where you listening to a few songs, and then this popped up?

EDIT - Vista's all right.. Meh.

EDIT2 - I wouldn't blame Vista for this problem... But hmm.. I doubt that it's your new desktop though. I mean, try searching it up. I'm sure you'll get an answer. That's what I do, search things up...

Last edited:
Hmm, I remember Windows Media Player at one time had randomly stopped playing certain files of mine on XP (mp3, avi, mpg, etc.). So I just used a different media player like: Winamp, KMPlayer, VLC Media Player, etc.

And problem solved, eventually Windows Media Player started working again.

EDIT: It's just a codec error that apparently rarely happens for only Windows Media Player. So just play your songs in a different media player, I recommend Winamp.

Last edited:
WiiWouldLike2Play said:
Orrrr.. you can always just re-install Windows Media Player (I believe you can, can't you?)

As far as I know, Uninstalling WMP11 doesn't work very well. Alot have tried, but it never goes away, all you can do is roll it back to WMP10, and then update it back to 11. Having to do it that way doesn't always remedy whatever problem you have though.

Thankyou guys. I'm going to install Winamp this instant and hope that helps.

If Winamp doesn't work, open your Control Panel up, then Hardware and Sound, and then Sound. If a message pops up saying something is interfering, etc., do you want to terminate the process/program? Choose yes, and it should fix the problem.

It looks like a codec error (same message) but someone I had talked to a wile back had to goto Microsoft's Site and agree to an EULA stating that from all the music they had ripped with Windows Media Player, that they would not try and redistribute their music to others or some sh** like that. Ahh DRM ya got to love it. :mad5:

Back