w00t!! iTunes on Wii!!

NateTheGreat

Pondering Member
Jun 30, 2006
A basement on the hill.
Wii Online Code
4054-9249-4284-3802
Was looking around at digg.com and found out a way to play iTunes music through the Wii's Opera Browser. I don't completely understand how it all works, but I'm gonna try it out later! Pretty cool.:yesnod:

Here's a link that talks about it: Click

And here's a link to the instruction/download page (works with Windows or Mac): Click

Can't wait to see what else can be done using the Opera Browser!:D

I was at my friends house and found out that flash player works on the Wii's browser, but I think it's because their cpu has flash player. Does the wii connect to your cpu? I wouldn't know. I still can't get a wii. Also, i tried java (on their wii) and it didn't work. My cpu has java, so maybe if I connect the wii to my cpu, java will work. I'm just so curious.

the Wii stands alone you dont hook it up to a computer, opera has a flash player built in!!!

I installed DotTunes but it tells me i have to register and I can't find a serial key. It didn't give me a free trial period at all. So I can't create a user.

Anyone get it working.

oops, i posted this just like 5 minutes ago, i didn't see this thread.

Unfortunately I don't think it' gonna work on Wii. Wii has flash 7 (I think) and they are up to 9. So unless we get a software update I thinks it's useless for use on the Wii.

sorry about the double thread.

are you sure you dont connect the wii and a cpu somehow? My friend's dad said he wirelessly connected wii~~~~cpu! I'll ask him again...

yeah what happens there when everyone updates to the new flash the browser will be screwed. does this mean if like flash 11 comes out in a year we will have to keep downloading opera browser for 500 points? that would be gay

I'm guessing they will offer free updates for menial stuff like flash versions. Nintendo wouldn't screw us over................

i sure hope so and does anyone know why there is a opera browser save file 29 blocks and a channel file 230 blocks? i deleted the save file and the browser still worked and my favourites were still there but when i quit the save file was back so whats it for?

tank said:
oops, i posted this just like 5 minutes ago, i didn't see this thread.

Unfortunately I don't think it' gonna work on Wii. Wii has flash 7 (I think) and they are up to 9. So unless we get a software update I thinks it's useless for use on the Wii.

sorry about the double thread.

No I know the wii has flash player 8. I'm positive. The website I went on used flash 8.

Not to start a flamewar, but has anyone heard of any other media player being supported other than iTunes? As far as I know, there's no reason it should be specific.

No offense, but I can't stand iTunes - it's just so limited...I'd hate to have to use it to gain this pretty cool feature.

Pit . said:
No I know the wii has flash player 8. I'm positive. The website I went on used flash 8.

Oh ok. Well regardless it's not the latest version. That's good to know that it's at least 8 though.

The save file is probably made of cookies. That's all I can figure, since we know it isn't favorites.

Back