Warioware or Banablitz?

jcblough

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
I'm looking to get a title that both me(32 year old old nintendo fan) and my son(4 year old) can enjoy on the wii. The high reviews and loads of mini games on smooth moves have me curious, but I also like the the idea of banana blitz for the single player and the mini games for me an my boy - anyone have any input on this?

Warioware is a very fast paced game which may set some kids off but all of the mini games are simple. My son's 4 and 6 have played very little of warioware but they do use it more than monkeyball. Regarding Monkeyball its kind of hard to say ithe 1 player adventure mode difficulty may jump beyond a 4 year old's ability after the first several stages. There is alot of minigames that a 4 year old would like though but unfortunately alot of them have control issues. If your son can handle the fast pace I would recommend Warioware.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, I see you ahve a few games, let me ask you another question if I might - I bit off topic, but may help me. I'm kinda thinking on going on a spree and just grabbing a few games. Unfortunately, I have zelda on the GC so won't be rebuying it - I got it frustrated over the lack of wii's in my area. what would you say are the best 3-4 games out right now? I'm pretty sold on getting a madden football and one of the two titles in this post. I play about anything - any suggestions there. Mario Paper intrigues me, but honestly I don't like the lack of wiimote integration.

That kind of depends on if your looking for a games for yourself or the whole family. Also what type of games do you and your family enjoy?

Madden is a solid title if your looking for a NFL game for yourself, for the family Excite Truck maybe a solid choice my kids really love it especially with the steering wheel shells you can get for about $10. If your son likes Dragonball Z that might be a good choice as well it a simple ps2 fighter port but it is fun and kids tend to enjoy mimmicking the special moves with the controller. My friends and I have alot of fun Super Swing Golf which is an arcade style golf game but is much deeper than the golf game on wiisports. My wife really loves Trauma Center but I think you would only enjoy it if the idea of the game appeals to you but it is a very solid game. Super Monkeyball is fun but to be honest it is not one of the games that holds your attention for very long and since many of the mini games control so poorly its hard to recommend. Rayman has a lot fun minigames but the levels where your dancing or the on rails shooting levels feel repetitive.

If your looking for more of a mature shooter style game I would stay away from Far Cry even though its only $20 the game is hideous to look out and while multiplayer can be fun it feels shallow. Red Steel is a better choice over Far Cry and it offer nice 4 player action but the game does have its flaws but maybe worth grabbing if you can find it for a cheap price. I have not played Call of Duty 3 or Medal of Honor Vanguard so I honestly can't give an opinion on them. Alot of people would also recommend The GodFather but I don't tend to play GTA syle games so I have no opnion on it. I have not Super Paper Mario yet myself since it does not appeal to meand all I can say is most reviews both professional and user tend to be very positive.

Back