Warren Spector Tells Everyone to Stop Panicking About Epic Mickey 2’s Musical Element

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-picture9845-disney-epic-mickey-2-announced.JPG

Eurogamer has a great interview with Junction Point’s creative director and vice president, Warren Spector today where he addresses the fact that apparently some people weren’t as pleased as I was to hear the announcement the other week that the forthcoming Disney Epic Mickey 2 game would be a musical, with characters advancing the plot by expressing themselves in song throughout the game, as well as tunes and instrumentation that will be directly affected by the way in which the player plays the game. Well it turns out that this freaked some people out a little bit, and Eurogamer asked Spector about this. “I’ve been itching to talk about the game and the songs for a while,” he told Eurogamer. “When we announced the game, I sort of threw it out there, because I’m so proud and so happy. I saw the look of fear in people’s eyes. I’m like, what the heck is going on? Doesn’t everybody love musicals? I realized I had to explain things.”

Spector goes on to say that the split between those for the musical elements and those against was roughly 70/30 pro/anti, and he says that for those who don’t like the idea of a musical game, the songs can be skipped whenever the player wants to do so, and they are in no way interactive. So don't panic!

“I want everybody to just take a chill pill and relax about this,” he says. “I’m not going to make you sing into a microphone. I’m not going to make you dance in front of your TV. I’m not going to make you beatmatch. This is just a fun way to honour a part of Disney’s history. If you don’t like that part of Disney’s history, skip it.”

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...to-take-a-chill-pill-on-musical-epic-mickey-2

Back