Weird numbers on-screen???

HotShott

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
We just got Brawl and Zak & Wiki this weekend (both awesome games!!!) But sometimes while we're playing either game, ghosted numbers appear onscreen. It almost looks like something from the Matrix. They seem to come and go.... what's going on???

Can you be more specific? Do you have any pictures of this happening? Is it an error code or just random numbers apperaing on the scrren while your playing?

I'll try to get some pics today. It's not an error code. The Matrix thing is the best description I can give. It's the full screen, and they kinda flicker in and out.

First you should try to update your wii if you dont already have the most recent update. It might fix this. If that doesn't work...

The only other thing I can think of to fix this is to format your wii system memory. This erases EVERYTHING on your wii so make sure you have your game files backed up on a sd card. However a downide to this is brawl can't be saved to a sd card (damn you nintendo.) It also erases your vc games but I THINK you can download them for free again as long as you have your vc account linked to you mynintendo account.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/deleteUsageGuidelines.jsp#system

Foloow that link if you don't know hot to format your wii memory (it says you have to do it three times.) It also says to delet your vc account information first but I dont know if you relly haveto do that.

Formatting your wii resets the wii back to how it was when it was brand new. Like I already said it erases your wii memory, all of your channels, all of it's update, all your vc games etc. It might be easier for you to just ignore the numbers.

However, before trying this you should wait to see if any one else knows how to fix this or if you live in the United Sates call this number 1-800-255-3700 for nintendo troubleshooting and repair and see if they know what to do. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Back