Wendy's Commercial

FastEddy

WiiChat Member
Jun 7, 2007
In the commercial where they talk about your chance to win a Wii, I notice when the characters in the commercial are playing what looks like Wii Sports tennis, they are playing on a widescreen TV, in Widescreen format.

Did they just stretch the screen on the TV to fill the screen, or will Wii sports play in widescreen and I just don't have something hooked up right.

Could be me, I just found out you have to have component cables to get wide screen. Makes sense, I didn't get them in the first place because I never expected to be dazzled with the Wii graphics.

I don't have Widescreen but as far as I can remember, you can change the ratio form 4:3 to 16:9 in the Wii-Settings. (there is no need of a component cable, I think) I did it once and played WiiSports with it, but My TV is too small, so I changed it back to 4:3 even though 16:9 makes everything a bit more enjoyable ^^

So to switch to 16:9 just click on Wii Settings and then on Screen. Now select the Widescreen Settings and select Widescreen (16:9) and finally click on confirm. Done. But it does only change the Wii to 16:9, you have to change your TV to 16:9, too, if possible.

Last edited:
Yeah you DO NOT need component cables to get widescreen. I used the composite ones out of the box for months before I got the components and I was using widescreen the whole time.
You have to do what Secumfex said and go into the Wii settings.

Secumfex said:
So to switch to 16:9 just click on Wii Settings and then on Screen. Now select the Widescreen Settings and select Widescreen (16:9) and finally click on confirm. Done. But it does only change the Wii to 16:9, you have to change your TV to 16:9, too, if possible.

I had the Wii setup in 16:9 when I got it, but the TV never switched to 16:9. Kind of wierd because the TV switches automatically with the Xbox and dvd players and such. I put the TV on full mode and it stretched the screen out, the picture quality went down considerably, but the players on Wii Sports didn't seem stretched. Maybe it's just easier to tell on the 50" LCD HD tv, graphics aren't great, but the games are fun to play.

Nintendo reps said at some point near Wii's US release, that some TVs won't automatically switch to 16:9 with Wii. Mine's one of such, too, have to manually switch.

Oh that's right, the Wii squashes the widescreen into a 4:3 picture when you set it to widescreen. You then have to set your TV stretch settings to Full or Wide Zoom or the like. Everything seems the right size because the Wii squishes the picture and Wide Zoom stretches it back out again.

Is that Zach Braff (J.D. off of Scrubs) narrating that Wendy's commercial where that couple fall through a few stories and still eating their sandwiches?

FastEddy said:
Could be me, I just found out you have to have component cables to get wide screen. Makes sense, I didn't get them in the first place because I never expected to be dazzled with the Wii graphics.

nice sig, is that your m4?

Back