Weren't we meant to have...

Wasif

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Hey guys. Just bought my nintendo Wii today and Wow :D I was just wonderin though, is it just me or are some of the things missing. I mean first of all the major thing that had me excited was being able to send text messages to Mobile phones from the console. When i go to create message the only 2 options i have are to send messages to other consoles or to enter an email adress :s ... Also, When i go to the channels Forecast/news it asks me for an update but the console says no new updates are available. Theres no Opera browser yet but it does say that it'll be coming soon (is it gonna be free like they said it would be?). Well those are some of the questions i had on my mind (mainly the text messaging one), hope you can answer them. Thanks alot.

By the way, I live in the U.K

Wasif said:
Hey guys. Just bought my nintendo Wii today and Wow :D I was just wonderin though, is it just me or are some of the things missing. I mean first of all the major thing that had me excited was being able to send text messages to Mobile phones from the console. When i go to create message the only 2 options i have are to send messages to other consoles or to enter an email adress :s ... Also, When i go to the channels Forecast/news it asks me for an update but the console says no new updates are available. Theres no Opera browser yet but it does say that it'll be coming soon (is it gonna be free like they said it would be?). Well those are some of the questions i had on my mind (mainly the text messaging one), hope you can answer them. Thanks alot.

By the way, I live in the U.K

Most cell companies let you text messaging using an email address. For cingular it is [email protected] where 1234567890 is your phone number.

1) It's been known for months that the news and weather channels wouldn't be up yet.

2) Send text messages to phones? That's what phones are for. When the internet browser is released you can go to one of th emany phone carrier sites and send someone a text message through there site.

3) This could all be found by using the search option on these forums.

Thanks man. But what do you mean by cingular?

or better yet, has anyone from america had success with an email adress similar to that?

Back