Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are you listening to??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nxcmp, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Fox

Fox Super Mοderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 2625-5585-1810-7837
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Topically;

I don't hate World or anything. It just didn't keep my attention nearly as well as GU. It could be my nostalgic bias since I've been playing MH for a long time, but whatever the reason is it just didn't hit towards the top of my list of favorite Monster Hunters. There are some things I like about it. Odogaron is a really cool monster, the environments are a little more creative than in other MH games and I do like the seasonal changes to the hub. I kind of sneer at the difficulty though. Typically the game is very easy to solo until you get to Kulve Tarroth and Behemoth. Then it's increased past expectations exponentially and it just feels jarring. Also... why Uragaan and Lavasioth and not something people don't hate or feel contempt for? After 3 Ultimate, nobody is an Uragaan fan and Lavasioth never had any to begin with. We could have had something more iconic. Like Brachydios for example.

Monster Hunter Diaries doesn't look like my kinda thing at all sadly. I wish I had more to say about it but that's really it. MH Stories was the same thing. I bought it and tried to like it, but I just couldn't stay interested.

I've been pretty confident in a Monster Hunter playable character since we found out Rathalos would be a boss in the World of Light. Maybe the hunter and his palico or something, there's a ton of ways to do it. MVCI has a pretty good concept going, though I don't like that she speaks. I definitely like that they use the Golem Blade and Spectral Demolishers as weapons in her base set, that's awesome of them.

As for content... I don't really know what you mean, the Autumn Festival has passed. Unless you're talking about the Iceborne expansion. Then I have a lot of wishlist items. Firstly I want a solid confirmation that the additional rank remark is actually referring to G-rank and not something else. I'm also really interested in the new movesets they were talking about to see how they change the weapons I use. One thing I do really like about World is that there's no blademaster/gunner split in armor so that finally got me using bows and bowguns from time to time so I'm hoping it makes them more accessible. Also hoping for a nerf to the cluster bombs. Or remove them entirely. If they're talking about an icy world, I'm hoping that brings Ukanlos to World, but we'll just have to wait and see. The little red eye bit at the end seems like a hint at adding Nargacuga to the game, but I don't really feel that confident that it is since Nragacuga wasn't exactly an end-game monster. He was always something like tier 2 out of 4 and it would feel a little weird to me for them to use him as promotional material. Then again, that's the pragmatic side of me speaking. Nargacuga has a lot of fans and it certainly is a very marketable monster, so I could be wrong. The one thing I can't shake is the way they spell the name of the expansion. I think Iceborne may bring a dovahkiin crossover with it at some point.

2. Splash_King

Splash_King The Scrubbiest of Hunters

Wii Friend Code: 0129-0129-0129-0129
    0129-0129-0129-0129

'N a Merry Fishmas t' you to my amigo, hot damn. Thank you kindly.

[​IMG]

I ain't been able t' touch even the base game yet 'n the Iceborne trailer had me excited, harr harr. I've heard how easy MHWorld is since there's quite literally only a handful'a quests that won't scale monster HP for a single player (as Fox mentioned.) A G-rank expansion'l likely do me good t' keep me more interested in the endgame. Surely G-rank tempered'l be nasty bastards, even if they die quick.

Bloody hell, I had save troubles myself. Lost my MHGen save some months 'fore GU dropped. Had t' play through GU from scratch. Honestly had me quite bitter, struggled t' enjoy all'a High-rank, even with alchemy 'n valor toys and whatnot t' enjoy. Grand time in G-rank though with all the new content, aye. All's well that ends well eh?

more like world of shite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been gunner a fair bit though, lots'a HBG in 3U, more Bow, fair bit'a all gunner weapons in Generations. Valor HBG is so silly-overpowered I can't wait t' get into it. It's worth gettin' my **** pushed in by hyper monster one-shots...

If we got a hunter, or just any MH character as DLC, I'd completely lose my ****, all aboard the hype train. I'd be more stoked than I was for Cloud Strife. The reveal trailer would have me boundin' around like those exaggeratin' goons in the reaction videos, harr harr. I'm prayin' we hunters do get a Smash representative.

'los boss is still really fuckin cool though

I'm honestly sad that game flopped harder than a 'Karp. The Hunter's presence in it lowers the chance of a Smash cross-over, 'n it was for ****-all since that game's 'bout as dead as "Wiichat." Bah.

my longsword is gonna trip your lancing ass like its 2009 brawl, ukanlos can get ukanlost

3. Fox

Fox Super Mοderator
    Staff Member Moderator

2625-5585-1810-7837
    Haters gonna hate.

4. furytornado

furytornado WiiChat Member

TOP - Chlorine

5. Fox

Fox Super Mοderator
    Staff Member Moderator

2625-5585-1810-7837
  6. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 ~graceful assassin~

Wii Friend Code: 1000-2000-3000-4000
    1000-2000-3000-4000
    It's Friday and it was a long night last night x.X but **** it let's get into that zen moment. Happy Friday (or whenever you see this USERS n_n)

And this

Lastly this

• Like Like x 1
  7. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 ~graceful assassin~

Wii Friend Code: 1000-2000-3000-4000
    1000-2000-3000-4000
    Huge megaman x fan here :DDDDDDDDD So couldn't help but post one more XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fox

Fox Super Mοderator
    Staff Member Moderator