What happens if u run out of space

wampa

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
Newbie question!!! Sorry!

Just downloaded a couple of games today Via Virtual Console. What happens when the Wii has no blocks left.

Can you expand or do you have to delete VC games?

if you use SD, you would have to redownload them though. You can't run straight from the card.

Geez, I don't have the internet and I still know all this.

No keep everything on the wii. But when you run out of room you have to get SD cards and they can hold your new game files/ VC downloads. But if you don't want to buy an SD card then, you will have to delete.

what about the whole buying more space thing? As in buying SD cards...

You guys are confusing me....

Download-cant download to SD card. LOL

Just delete?

The best option is to delete them, because if you put them in an sd card, you can't play them until you move them back to the wii (the console only recognizes games that are IN the console's memory), but don't worry, if you download a game and then delete it, you can download it again for free, as many times as you want, just have in mind that if you ever re-format your wii, it will ask you if you want to erase the wii shop's account info, don't do this or you'll have to pay for them again. So don't worry, I have already re-formatted my console and downloaded my vc games again without any trouble :)

What you can do is a couple of things:
1) If you ran out of room and wish to keep the VC games, you can transfer those game channels to a SD card, although you will not be able to run VC games from the SD card.
2) If you feel you're not gonna play a certain VC game again (or in the near future), you can always delete it and re-download it later for FREE, since Nintendo records the sale of your VC games purchases.
3) Or you could save money like dreamcastninja said and just download emulators on your PC. I know for a fact there are NES, SNES, and N64 emulators. However, I am not sure about TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis. If you had some sort of PC gamepad you could enjoy them just as much on your computer as on your Wii, if not more.

Hope that helped.

Thanks guys for your help.:aureola: :aureola:

friedriceballer said:
I know for a fact there are NES, SNES, and N64 emulators. However, I am not sure about TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis.
I'm not sure either about TurboGrafx, but I do know there are some Sega Genesis emulators out there, I've tried them myself :)

Back