What is the best way i could connect my wii to internet?

alec

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi, i recently bought a wii and i want to connect it the internet(for downloading virtual games, and playing games online with others). i don't know where to start.
I'm not completely electronic savy so bear with me.

my info: I have a roadrunner cable(not wireless) connection with my computer.
But my wii and computer are in intirely different rooms of the house(walls between them, and roughly 10-15 feet apart)

How would i connect the two? Would a nintendo WiFi system(like this one) work? If not, how would I connect the wii to my computer with cables if they are that far apart?

Thank you for listening please help if you can, thanks

Last edited:
alec said:
Hi, i recently bought a wii and i want to connect it the internet(for downloading virtual games, and playing games online with others). i don't know where to start.
I'm not completely electronic savy so bear with me.

my info: I have a roadrunner cable(not wireless) connection with my computer.
But my wii and computer are in intirely different rooms of the house(walls between them, and roughly 10-15 feet apart)

How would i connect the two? Would a nintendo WiFi system(like this one) work? If not, how would I connect the wii to my computer with cables if they are that far apart?

Thank you for listening please help if you can, thanks

I guess that wifi adpapter would work, I recently bought a linksys wireless router (wrt54G model) and plugged that bad boy into my cable modem (road runner) and the wireless works great with my wii....granted my wii is right near my computer...but my wife plays her ds online all the time with perfect signal upstairs. For 49.99 i would get a router plus if you ever do decide to go wireless with a laptop or something you're all set

in your position id say wireless router. wifi adapter = computer HAS to be on to get signal, wireless sends 24/7 signal.

Back