What is the Internet Channel like?

BeauZa

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2009
To those who have purchased the Internet Channel, what is it like?
Is it simple and functionable like it should?
Do you need an internet connection to run it? I know that's a silly question, but why would you get the Internet Channel if you have a computer which lets you access the internet in the first place?

To run the Internet Channel, you will need an ISP already. It's ok, I dont really have a good reason for you that I have it, other than the fact that I can surf the internet on a 50" rather than a 22" (or whatever my monitor is) Havent used it in quite some time though.

used to use it all the time it was not bad when it was free and i didnt have my own pc but now i never use it why shold you need to pay for it when youve got a pc to use . but if you want it then get it it works ok better than the ps3 browser in my opinion it is faster

internet channel is easy to use. but it can't play flash player 7 or higher.

and i'm on the internet channel because i don't have a computer with internet. i'm linked into my neighbors internet signal

Sooo, all you need is a wireless router connection?
Help me to get this straight... ^^;

If you already have an ISP and a wireless router, you are good to go. What kind of setup do you have?

Pfft, I got a Vodafone Mobile Connect on a laptop with Windows Vista, which is probably the worst possible thing if I want to be able to access WiFi at home. :(

not worth it at all IMO.

its awkward, clunky, and costs 5bucks.

if you have a keyboard to use with it, or dont have easy computer access, or have to share it with a whole bunch of people, then go for it. but 5 bucks is better spent on VC games.

I think it's worth it. You can surf from your lounge or where your TV is so it's convenient. You can plug in your keyboard for easy use, and it means that if you have a group of people over you can show them stuff direct from your TV rather than disappearing and being anti sociable. Great to browse for local takeaways as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's worth it. You can surf from your lounge or where your TV is so it's convenient. You can plug in your keyboard for easy use, and it means that if you have a group of people over you can show them stuff direct from your TV rather than disappearing and being anti sociable. Great to browse for local takeaways as well!

good points there....I always hate pulling out the laptop and trying to have 6 or 7 people trying to look at a little screen.
If you have a USB keyboard will it work? Or do you need a special keyboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it, I find it convient when I want to look something up real quick. I usually go on youtube with it. Since I don't have a lap top, its just easier then going in my computer room.

Are you sure about the keyboard thing WiiHealthy? I've been hearing mixed things and I'm not really sure...

Back