What is Wii Play?

A game that has about 9 simple games like billiards, ping pong, etc. It comes with an additional Wiimote so it's not a bad deal. But it's not going to be out in North America until sometime in February. I personally think it would be a great addition to the Wii lineup.

Yea, its a pretty simple game. If your getting an extra wiimote though it's only an extra fiver so its well worth it.

ive got wii play and its worth it just for a couple of minigames.

It's actually a game to train you how to use the Wii-mote, and it's wicked, so simple the games, but so much fun, espcially fishing! haha

I'm hoping Nintendo will bundle an additional controller with more 'mature' games. I would rather save the £5 and get two pints than buy crappy games.

well im a noob too. in fact, i just got my wii today. as far as i know, wii play is a game (somewhat like wii sports) that contains games that help you become more skilled with the wiimote. i am looking into pre-ordering this game especially because it comes with an extra wiimote controller.

since it's supposed to train us with the wiimote, I wish it would be released in the US much earlier...February seems so far away considering how simple and generic the games are. Plus the additional wiimote would be nice to have now.

YEA it would be convienent for a earlier release date...for us that is...it is still virtually impossible to get a wii in most regions without going to extreme measures...therefore it is logical to release it later on when the hype is down and it is possible to go to the store and pick up a wii off of the shelf

clrntsqueak said:
I'm sure it's being released later because of the current Wiimote shortage.

yea, thats loggical too...but im still basing my opinion on the shortage of wii consles (eventhough employees say the wiimotes sell faster than the wii's themselves)

they're totally sold out everywhere here - pretty annoying because i really want the 2nd wiimote but i aint passing up a 5euro game ^^

Back