What kind of AV output ya going to use??

What kind of Audio/Video?

• Component

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • S-Video

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Standard A/V *yellow red white

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

omfg_KillSnake

Killer of Snake!
Aug 18, 2006
Toronto BABY!!! Canada =P
Im going for component for sure! you can see a huge difference when you compare normal A/V (yellow,red,white) to component wires (green,red,blue)
i just hope that the wires arent as expensive as the 50 dollar ones for my dvd player:cool:

omfg_KillSnake said:
Im going for component for sure! you can see a huge difference when you compare normal A/V (yellow,red,white) to component wires (green,red,blue)
i just hope that the wires arent as expensive as the 50 dollar ones for my dvd player:cool:
I wanna use component, so the wire you get with the sytem goes in to the L and R of your tv and the component wires go into the red, white and yellow holes?

D Twizzle said:
I wanna use component, so the wire you get with the sytem goes in to the L and R of your tv and the component wires go into the red, white and yellow holes?
ummm.. if you have a newer tv. your tv would support component video. there will actually be green, red, and blue holes:p

the video quality is near hd quality which is why i use component:lol:

omfg_KillSnake said:
ummm.. if you have a newer tv. your tv would support component video. there will actually be green, red, and blue holes:p

the video quality is near hd quality which is why i use component:lol:
My tv is pretty new, I only bought it a few weeks ago. Its LCD and high defintion ready and can be used as a pc monitor. But the 3 inputs on the side where I plug in my video camera are red, White and yellow.

Do you think Component wires would work?

Well, it should work. As you see in the pic (my tv) you should see component one labled near the next to "Monitor Out"
there you see: Green, Blue, Red from left to right. If you dont find anything like that on your tv, im not sure what do to

Attachments

• mytv.JPG
    mytv.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 4,917
omfg_KillSnake said:
Well, it should work. As you see in the pic (my tv) you should see component one labled near the next to "Monitor Out"
there you see: Green, Blue, Red from left to right. If you dont find anything like that on your tv, im not sure what do to
LOL, Thats alot of inputs. Thanks for the advice.

I'd like to use component but my dvd player is using those inputs. If the Wii supports VGA out, that'd be perfect too.

omfg_KillSnake said:
yea.. i would also go for vga if it isnt that expensive. dvi is the most superior video output you can get it guess.

Yeah, if you can go from DVI output to the HDMI input on the TV, that would be amazing if the Wii had a use for it since it doesnt support HD. So I'm guess to get the highest quality sound and video, go with component all the way!

I would want component, but if nintendo wants to stay simple they'll probaly use the standard (yellow, red, white), or s-video

I just bought a 37" LCD so I'm ready to receive my Wii into my loving care :)
About the component jacks, I also have only one set of them but my av-amp has two programmable inputs and one monitor output so I can use two devices without changing any cables.

Tough I really don't need both since I only use the DVI-D input on the tv for my HTPC.

Back