What was the point of Update 3.1?

MRCOOLGH said:
USB keyboard for the wii message board channel

have i missed some news or do you mean the opera browser?

Might get myself a wireless keyboard then...

mushroomedmario said:
Skippy said:
Alamo said:
are they going to be making their own nintendo keyboard to sell?
Why bother?
money

Yup, of course :). I mean they have overpriced Nintend-brand SD cards, don't they? However...they have already announced Logitech as a partner, and as such, already began promoting one of their non-wireless usb keyboards

warkentins said:
I hope this helps someone looking for a wireless keyboard to use with the Wii.

Meh, $30 is a lot to spend on a wireless keyboard for a device that hardly uses it. Well, not a lot, but it's not cost-effective. I was planning on finding a dirt-cheap Microsoft Wireless Keyboard with just basic functionality for under $10.

crazyman2 said:
Now for the second question, anyone know what "widget view mode" is or if there is such a thing?
Where'd you hear of this?

vi3tmix said:
Meh, $30 is a lot to spend on a wireless keyboard for a device that hardly uses it. Well, not a lot, but it's not cost-effective. I was planning on finding a dirt-cheap Microsoft Wireless Keyboard with just basic functionality for under $10.

I've never seen a wireless keyboard anywhere for $30 or less. Do tell where you're finding one for under $10. The one I bought was deeply discounted – a $50 instant rebate and a $50 online rebate. And a device that hardly uses it? That depends on you, I guess. I sure find it handy to sit on my couch and use my gmail account to e-mail family and friends instead of being hunched over a computer screen.

It also encourages more family participation in using the Internet because we don't have to crowd around behind the person sitting in the computer chair, we can sit on the couch or chair or floor and the TV is easy to read. My wife and I sit and read the news together, or watch Youtube videos together. It's great.

The only thing holding the Wii back from being an excellent family-friendly way to access the Internet is the number of websites compatible with the Wii version of the Opera browser.

I'm glad you asked me where i found it because i tried to find where i had seen it and found the answer i was looking for.

"The Nintendo Wii also embraces Web content and applications in a revolutionary new way with the debut of Widget View Mode in the Internet Channel. By surfing to widgets.opera.com users can browse Opera’s collection of community-built, Opera-tested Web applications immediately ready to run on the Nintendo Wii Internet Channel.

Widgets available now include calendars, news readers, Internet radios and other fun applications. Users of Opera’s desktop browser will immediately recognize their favorite widgets on this new platform. Web developers can publish widgets on Opera’s website to make them available to Wii users. For more information on creating widgets, please visit widgets.opera.com
"

From http://wii.ds-scene.net/?act=viewtopic&s=wii&topic=2630

I hope an external drive is coming... hnn hnn *whine*

I wish my jumpdrive would would work on it..

warkentins said:
...I just unplugged the dongle, plugged it into the Wii...

I doubt it, but did the dongle come with the keyboard?
If not how much was it, if you dont mind me asking?

Last edited:
Back