What Wii have to look forward to in 2008

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Many gamers have been often saying “Other then Super Smash Bros Brawl, what else is there”. Super Smash Bros Brawl may be one of the most anticipated titles of 2008, but there is still many other great games. Here is Wii Live’s look into 2008!

Nitrobike: January 15th

From the guys that brought you Excitebike 64, Nitrobike is a racing game that uses the Wii Remote on it’s side for motion controls for steering. Nitrobike will also support 8 players over Nintendo WiFi Connection.

Endless Ocean: January 21st

Navigating their way through the depths of the ocean using the Wii remote, players guide their character using the pointer’s cursor, visible as a bright blue dot. When players wish to interact with fish or plants they can highlight them with the pointer and press the A Button. By doing so, players discover new species and build up their fish log. You can also go swimming with a friend over Nintendo WiFi Connection.

No More Heroes: January 22nd

From the guy that brought you Killer 7, No More Heroes is an Action game, that allows you to roam the city of Santa Destroy freely. You play as Travis Touchdown, an Otaku geek (anime freak) with a Beam Katana, who aims at being number 1 on the top 10 assassin’s list.

Bomberman Land: January 29th

Bomberman arrives with his first Wii title! Play the brand new Story mode, or battle it out in the classic Bomberman battle mode, or try out some of the many new mini-games! Customize you’re own Bomberman to you’re personally liking.

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors: February 25th

The first Dragon Quest game to hit Wii should be a big title in 2008. The game will use the Wii Remote’s motion controls for slashing, parrying, and so on.

Baroque: February 26th

Those waiting for a hardcore RPG won’t have to wait much longer.
A cataclysm has destroyed the cities and empires of men and disfigured the spirit of humanity. In this nightmare, it falls to you to descend a mysterious tower in search of absolution. Battle merciless foes through treacherous dungeons, scour for new items to aid you in your travels, and unlock the secrets of a devastated land.

Worms: A Space Oddity: March 10th

Ok, you might say Worms is not a game to look forward too. But if you have been following it, then you would know that it is a brand new game, that supports 4 players through Nintendo WiFi connection, also, downloadable content through WiiConnect24, and all the fun and customization you would get from a Worms game! It’s definitely shaping up to be a good title, and something everyone should look forward.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: April 2008

There isn’t a gamer out there who isn’t looking forward to a game for Wii that uses a light saber. Well, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is that game. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed puts you in control of Darth Vader’s apprentice, unfolding new chapters in the Star Wars saga. The Wii version will have an exclusive Dual mode, which will let players compete head-to-head.

Wii Fit: May 20th

Wii Fit has already sold over 1 million units in Japan, and according to 1up, the game has a release date of May 20th for North America. There is no doubt Wii Fit will be a very big title this year, and do very well in sales.

Mario Kart Wii: 2nd Quarter 2008

This game is a no brainer to look out for on the 2008 list. Mario and crew once again hop on to there karts and bring the race to Wii. This time, with online play, more characters, more circuits, and motorcycles! The game will also release packaged with a special Mario Kart Wheel.

With those being said, those are games that are releasing with Target Release dates. Meaning they either have a official date, or have a estimated month. The following games release dates have yet to be announced what-so-ever, but are still supposed to be 2008 titles.

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Disaster: Day of Crysis is an Action survival game. When a wave of natural disasters pummels the United States, a rogue special forces unit takes advantage of the chaos and seizes a nuclear weapon. Players race a car down a mountain to escape a roaring pyroclastic flow, dodge toppling buildings during a devastating earthquake and swim for their lives in a raging flood.

Monster Hunter 3

Thats right. The game that was a PS3 title, now brought over to Wii. Monster Hunter 3 is a Third-Person Action game. Sadly, the game has not yet been announced for even a 2008 release, but 2008 is the expected release time.

Mario Baseball Wii

The follow up to Mario Superstar Baseball for GameCube. There are very little details about this title, let alone a release date. But we can only expect a 2008 release.

There are some games that didn’t quite make it into the main article, for different reasons, but still deserve honorable mentions.

* SEGA Superstars Tennis: March 4th. Full Details
* Bully: Scholarship Edition: March 10th. Full Details
* Okami: 2nd Quarter 2008. Full Details
* Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk. Full Details

It’s the start of a new year, with many great titles to be released, who knows what could be announced along the way.

Source:
http://wii.live-360.net/news-by-durffen/what-wii-have-to-look-forward-to-wii-lives-look-into-2008/#more-1256

It's true that SSBB is going to be a BIG 2008 title but im looking forward to alot of other titles too loving the Mario Baseball and Sega Tennis. I'm all about the sports titles. Okami with the wiimote will be amazing!!

I still got this feeling Day of Crisis wont be that great. Maybe cuz I dont know enough though. All i know is that its a survival game.

No More Heroes: January 22nd
Mario Kart Wii: 2nd Quarter 2008
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Monster Hunter 3

I'm really looking forward to Monster Hunter 3. Since I can see at least 4 other games on that list that I will get, next year could be a good one. I'm hoping that some more titles will get announces for this system.

And if anybody knows about Spore, its coming to the Wii :aureola: in 08.

I'm really looking forward to Wii Fit, and Mario Kart.

Anyone know if there is a Rock Band in the works for Wii? I've heard rumors of both yes and no. I just don't see HOW it could be done. Judging by how you have to have a Wiimote for the guitars with Guitar Hero, wouldn't you have to have a Wii mote for every instrument? :wtf:

Endless Ocean?? It's been out here in Spain for a while now, I saw many for sale at Christmas, apparently it's boring after a while. But I don't know because I haven't played it, I'm just saying what people in the Spanish forums think.

mushroomedmario said:
next year is going to be sweet! and to think, there's going to be some titles that aren't even announced yet....

Yes, thats what excites me the most is not knowing what else we are getting in 2008.

Pretty excited about Star Wars! :lol:

Bomberman might be good if theres an online mode.

Mario Kart should be fun too.

Back