When WII is turmed ON my ADSL die!

ficrome

WiiChat Member
Aug 4, 2009
Hi everibody, i hae an incredible problem. At home i have a WIFI ADSL connection ,one desktop PC connect to wifi router ia ethernet , one laptop conncet to wifi router via wifi and a WII of course. When i turn on WII my ADSL stop working , i can't navigate in internet with my desktop (via ethernet) and with my laptop too. ADSL speed go drastically down. When i turn off WII everything come back to normality and start to navigate again!
I have tried to change router but with the same problem. Later i have noticed that the problem happens only if i connect the AV cable to Television. If i disconnect the cable ADSL works fine again.
I 'd like to resolve this problem. What can i do? Is the cable? Or something in the WII Wifi ? Antenna?

Help!
Thanks

I'm also having this weird issue. when i turn on the wii, my internet disconnects.

i have at&t u-verse. the minute i turn the wii on, the tv program will freeze and the light on the router will have the red light blinking.

someone pls help!

i dont got that promblem but a few months my cousin came to my house .(later) i go to the sink to fill the sink . my cousin saw a promblem with my wii so he brought it to me in the bathroom he accidently dropped my wii in the sink and i got a little mad @ him . i know it was an accident because his hands were sweaty . but after that ( 6 months later ) when i finally turn my wii on again it keeps changing time & dates automatically 2 or 1 day back with different times . please help with this promblem.

i think i sort of solved it but i discovered another thing weird. it seems this problem (turning on wii --> disconnects dsl) will only happen if i have the component cables of the wii AND a monitor (vga) cable connected to the TV.

after removing the vga cable, and trying the wii, it now works....hmmm

ummm,buy a router?
DSL isn't really fast enough,at least to me it isn't.
I wouldn't know what to do in your case.

my router stops working if i turn my treadmill on for some reason.

hi everybody,
i have tried to buy another modem router , i have tried to disable WII connect, i have tried to buy another Video cable , i have tried differents TV ,i have changed router configuration, channels , DHCP but there is always the problem!!
When i turn on WII my ADSL stop working , i can't navigate in internet with my desktop (via ethernet) and with my laptop too. ADSL speed go drastically down. When i turn off WII everything come back to normality and start to navigate again!
What can i do? Please help me.

did you try connecting ONLY the wii to the TV, and on?
that means connect nothing except the wii cables to the TV, turn on the wii, and maybe check your computer if the internet is still ok.

Yes , i have tried to connect wii to a different tv with only wii cable plugged in. But problem persists. Help me!
Thanks

have you tried different power adapter maybe?

and maybe try plugging the wii to the tv only, and also don't connect any other device to the router/cable box (unplug ethernet cables to your computers)
then try going online with the wii.

Sounds to me like a DHCP problem, do you have your Desktop assigned with an IP? If so, then change it to DHCP

Back