White Knight Story (who else is excited?)

PtonJalken said:
Looks like a great game. I like ze White knight guy.

And yeah, Co-op FF:CC sucked since u needed all the gbas.

I hope the next FF CC is focused more on single player because square enix has proven that a 2 player FF sucks

paintba||er said:

Thats doesn't show any gameplay though. It does look amazing though. And what is that circle in the first trailer?

Alright GameTrailers did happen to have a HD TGS trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13330.html

The circle when they were fighting? Im not quite sure either....

I happenend to find this info at Sony's site in the forums there.

The battle system used in White Knight Story uses a realtime combat system, where the battle mode is initiated automatically when enemies are present. Before a battle, the player optionally goes into the "Battle Preparation" menu (accessible at any time) and chooses a set of seven commands for each character in the party. This set of seven commands is called a "Function Palette", and several of these palettes can be saved, suggesting that tactical palette preparing and switching will be essential to the game. The commands can also link in some way, presumably to create combos. These can then be used in battle, where the player controls one of the characters, while the others are controlled by the AI, as seen in the Tokyo Game Show trailer. Players, though, can freely change the character they're controlling. The main character can transform into the White Knight when a gauge is filled, using normal attacks on minor enemies. Characters can also perform combo attacks with other characters, such as one character holding an enemy while another attacks it. Boss battles also take place in a similar fashion except that they may include cutscenes for in-battle events.

However they are just basing this inforamtion on the TGS trailer, the battle system may change...who knows?!

Its due in the fourth quarter of 2007....but im sure its probably going to get delayed untill 2008.

Back