Who here thinks that its gay that Manhunt 2 may be AO+18

StevenNevets said:
... No ones saying there should be a downloadable demo with no age restriction (counterpart to on TV)... You CAN go to a movie store and rent a movie with graphic violence, killing, torture, and all that - yet you CAN'T go to a game store and rent a game with graphic violence, killing, and torture.

Tell me how that is fair please.

I think it's because the player is the one doing all the killing and torture. The censors or whoever makes the decisions think that a kid watching someone getting shot in the head is not as bad as a kid shooting someone in the head in a video game.

Yeah they are probably right that it is worse, but it should go both ways or no ways at all.

I think it is exactly the right thing to do giving it's own censorship. Stops little kiddies getting their hands on it, even though I'm sure alot will still get it somehow. Never played the first one but from what I heard about Manhunt 2 it is a bit sick. I'll still get it if it comes out over here. After it being officially banned here in the UK they Rockstar recently put in a appeal to get the game on the shelves. If it is getting it's own rating over in the states I think we've got a good chance of getting it.

Anyway, the censorship is the right way to go about it. Also most films you don't really see someone doing such violent stuff to a mans testicles. So definately the right idea.

So, when something bad happens to you it's 'gay' and 'retarded'...

:wtf:

Well, manhunt is beleived to cause a few deaths throughout the world and nintendo wasnt want that sort of game image on the wii, I mean this is more horrific then the first just because your doing it with wii mote and knunchuck.

The banning is justified, although is does disapoint some people.

Your turn to justify gay and retarded.

I'm not going to say this anymore times after this. Games are not to blame for people murdering people. It isn't justified whatsoever. Plenty of other things out there which are much worse.

Wozz500 said:
I'm not going to say this anymore times after this. Games are not to blame for people murdering people. It isn't justified whatsoever. Plenty of other things out there which are much worse.

Game's are not to blame 100%

Other things may influence, but games like these do influence, exspecialy young children, would you like to see a child killing you with some plastic bag because he saw it on man hunt?

See this is where we probably both agree. It does influence people in the way of giving already potential murderers ideas on how to kill people in brutal ways, but if a person is thinking of killing someone then their already screwed in the head. A game like this would give brutal ideas and give someone to copy them but if they don't play it they'll still do it but in their own sick way. I heard that Manhunt 2 has a very good chance of being released now exspecially that the US haven't banned it.

Wozz500 said:
See this is where we probably both agree. It does influence people in the way of giving already potential murderers ideas on how to kill people in brutal ways, but if a person is thinking of killing someone then their already screwed in the head. A game like this would give brutal ideas and give someone to copy them but if they don't play it they'll still do it but in their own sick way. I heard that Manhunt 2 has a very good chance of being released now exspecially that the US haven't banned it.

Yeah, for the game to influence you, you will need to be pretty influenced by other things, the game might put you over the edge or it might just give you ideas, That is where we agree.

As for the film's hostel and hostel 2, I am not sure where it is but some one was found long after they had endured lot's of torturing, by two men, both influenced by hostel films.

Yes which is awful for anyone to go through such a thing but the end of the day they would have just done the same thing some other way. Unfortunately we have to deal with people like this and not releasing a game like this won't change a thing. With everything you can find on the internet I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get some awful things off it, which to be honest is terrible, if anything needs to be policed more it is the internet. You see how did we here about all the violent stuff on the game? Internet is the number 1 culprit for giving people these terrible ideas.

Wozz500 said:
Yes which is awful for anyone to go through such a thing but the end of the day they would have just done the same thing some other way. Unfortunately we have to deal with people like this and not releasing a game like this won't change a thing. With everything you can find on the internet I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get some awful things off it, which to be honest is terrible, if anything needs to be policed more it is the internet. You see how did we here about all the violent stuff on the game? Internet is the number 1 culprit for giving people these terrible ideas.

Yes, the internet is a massive problem, but containing it will be costly and difficult.

I mean the internet has piracy, peadofile, infomation etc.

Technology has now took a major part of our lives, which is a whole other story.

This whole banning games is BS. Every form of media has had sick stuff in it and I don't think crazy killers are any more rampant these days then ever before. There have been plenty of books,movies, tv shows, radio programs, etc that have been gory/scary/evil/etc

Banning games is just what conservative politicians do to win votes from idiots...

Wozz500 said:

That's funny because the ones doing the killing were once influenced by those games. I find it annoying when people try to justify things for their own gain.

firedragon said:
That's funny because the ones doing the killing were once influenced by those games. I find it annoying when people try to justify things for their own gain.
I agree with the guy you quoted. Video games don't influence people - I'm sorry, they just don't. People know better... they do. And I find it funny that you say they 'justify this for their own gain.' This is what most of the people that blame video games are doing it for. Why should people be responcible for their actions when they can just blame video games or media. Most of the time, when vidoe games are blamed, it's completely wrong and sometimes they don't even own violent video games (see Viginia Tech Shooting. THAT is an example of personal game through the media.).

Homesrfan said:
I agree with the guy you quoted. Video games don't influence people - I'm sorry, they just don't. People know better... they do. And I find it funny that you say they 'justify this for their own gain.' This is what most of the people that blame video games are doing it for. Why should people be responcible for their actions when they can just blame video games or media. Most of the time, when vidoe games are blamed, it's completely wrong and sometimes they don't even own violent video games (see Viginia Tech Shooting. THAT is an example of personal game through the media.).

You'd be surprised of how much games can influence.

An example is they influenced us to come here.

They can help make the mind want to kill, but it wouldnt be the sole reason for a killing, there will be other reasons.

Back