Who recieved their new wii straps?

Im fine with em, so ill probably order none. i think i was lucky to catch new ones anyway. Doesnt matter anyway, im not a spaz to throw one into my tv.

Last edited:
Just got mine today and tested the old ones. Unlike some other people who did this, mine took 5 lbs. (2.268 Kg) to break. Just hung two 2.5 lb weights on the strap and the string on a pen. 5 lbs. is a lot of speed for that little remote. Who are the people who swing that hard?

I ordered them the day after Christmas.. got them a few days ago on Saturday. :) It's much improved. But it begs the question, why didn't they go this route before? If they could have made it thicker before, why the heck not?

I like ninty for this because it means that they hold the American public in higher esteem than it should be. People should know by now that the American dream is suing someone or winning the lottery.

Sent a request on the Nintendo support website on the 21st of December and got them 7 days later.

Asked for 2 and got 2.

Like Brawny, my brother decided to test out the force required to break the old strap. Unscientifically, he looped it to a dated LED screen cell phone and proceeded to flail it around by the strap like a crazed lunatic. 5 and half revolutions later, the strap snaps and the phone goes flying into the couch.

Upon further inspection, the broken ends of the Wii strap appear to be made of thin mono filament polymer line (essentially cheap fishing line about 2 lbs. test or 907 grams metric) with braided cotton/polyester string.

ordered mine on christmas and got it about a week and a half later

Back