Who Thinks CoD3 is Going to Flop?

wiiwii said:
yeah me too. I know this is off topic but do you rember a map called saints?

I really hope they re make it for source cause it was my fave.

By the way, CoD3 adopted DoDs gameplay A LOT. Many things from DoD are pretty much in CoD3, it feels a lot like DoD. I remember Saints, but not what the level is like, if I wasn't so lazy I could load it up right now...theres the start menu...which has steam but anyways. DoD was more realistic than CoD2 but now CoD3 passes DoD in realism like no other.

wow really. i might have to get my friend to get it for his pc and hog it from him. lol.

unfortuantly my pc broke (****ing microsoft ****) and all i have is my mac which is the best thing in the world but since its only a power mac g5 (power pc not intel) i cant play any steam games anymore or COD.

and since i have managed to wein my self off of the warcrack im having gameing withdrawls. so iv resorted to downloading n64 emulators until i can buy my old games on VC

If I had a 360 i'd get it for that but as I don't I suppose i'll have to get it for wii. Maybe it'll fool you all and actually be good - or maybe when wi-fi becomes available you'll be able to download multiplayer content.

Now that would be cool.

its gonna be a big flop. I own 1 and 2, love them both although 2 is no way near as good as number 1, cod1 is probably one of the best games of all times. COD3 on the wii will be **** like cause of no multiplayer and no online. If it had either, i might have thought about buying it.....

Ah, well, at least I know what not to get at launch...

Have they even talked about adding multiplayer at a later time?

My guess is that Nintendo accelerated the launch of the console so they wouldn't lose to the PS3, and they don't have a server infrastructure up that can support online gaming yet. I think once they get through launch, online gaming will be their next big project.

Hopefully, just hopefully. If they do, then they will indeed dominate PS3 in the face.

I don't know

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, they said they were "amazed" by the "realistic" graphics and "textures". So i don't know it definetly doesnt have as great graphics as 360 and ps3 , but it may not be that bad.:smilewinkgrin:

you know i used to think that this looked like a crappy game and even tho i said earlier that it looked bad i have come around. I watched the gameplay videos on ign and although the grafix look prity bad the gameplay looks awsome.

i think that they have done a better job than red steel has with the wiimote. the reason i say this is that the bounding box in COD is smaller so you dont have to move the crosshair to the edge of the screen to move your view. i think this will be much easier because u wont spend so much time just trying to look up. iv noticed this in the redsteel videos. now dont get me wrong im not flaming red steel i think it looks like a blast im just stating my issues with it. Finaly i havent actualy played either of theis games so i cant make a full decision yet so i do intend to rent them.

personaly im going to wait until the next batch of FPS because i think they are only working out the kinks right now and the fact that they arnt online yet... well u know.

Gymdawg said:
It looks pretty good to me. Not graphics wise, maybe, but I like to think of myself as above the childish notion that looks are all that matter. I just imagine myself choosing whether or not to toss or roll the grenade at my brother and I'm set.
Um, isn't that rolling and throwing grenades ability only available in Red Steel. Yes, I know there are plenty of games that allow you to throw a grenade, but I thought it was Red Steel, not COD3 that let you roll one.

I thought it was CoD3, but if it doesn't have multiplayer what's the point? That's just ridiculous, even Mary-Kate and Ashley games have multiplayer. Is it too late to switch preorders?

I am just tired of WWII games and Futuristic games like Halo and Metroid. Has anyone heard of today? (besides red steel because that doesn't look like a good game).

while I like CoD and DoD, you can't find a more realistic FPS than Red Orchestra for the PC. It's AMAZING! It's like a simulation rather than a game :yesnod: hope they bring it to the Wii! Best WW2 game IMO!

I bought CoD3. I like it. I was worried about the graphics because the online videos, but they are pretty descent. I don't know how they hell they captured and encoded the videos you guys see online, but when I am playing I don't see any interlacing.

No multiplayer is a major letdown, but the campaign is pretty nice, and it's fun shooting with the wiimote, but then again I am a huge fan of arcade gun games; the wii is a dream come true!

Back