My Chemical Romance
Evanescence
Avenged Sevenfold
Linkin Park
System Of A Down

Hard Rock/Metal... Hellz Yeahz....

A RAND0M TAC0 said:

gimme a definition of why its good

Power metal is great because like speed metal, you get the best of both worlds with some bands, they are creative and non repetitive in their music lyric-wise and riff-wise, not all power metal is about war and slaying dragons like everyone seems to think aka dragonforce.

Not to mention the drummers are top notch, mike portnoy is a great example, he is a very accomplished drummer, can play any style of music and do it gracefully. Can you? I doubt it.

The vocalists are whiney you say? Can you sing? I doubt it. Do you play guitar and know your way around the fretboard, this does not include guitar hero, i'm talking the actual pentatonic scales and knowing how they flow together thus creating music.

Not to mention I guarantee you can not name any songs or albums by any of the aformentioned death metal bands without googling, You called the absence crap, I bet you've never heard a song. Something tells me you're a nu-metal lover which would explain why you think you know anything about great music.

Nothing you say is fact, it's opinoin, and quite frankly, your opinoin sucks balls.

Spiritshotgun said:
Power metal is great because like speed metal, you get the best of both worlds with some bands, they are creative and non repetitive in their music lyric-wise and riff-wise, not all power metal is about war and slaying dragons like everyone seems to think aka dragonforce.

Not to mention the drummers are top notch, mike portnoy is a great example, he is a very accomplished drummer, can play any style of music and do it gracefully. Can you? I doubt it.

The vocalists are whiney you say? Can you sing? I doubt it. Do you play guitar and know your way around the fretboard, this does not include guitar hero, i'm talking the actual pentatonic scales and knowing how they flow together thus creating music.

Not to mention I guarantee you can not name any songs or albums by any of the aformentioned death metal bands without googling, You called the absence crap, I bet you've never heard a song. Something tells me you're a nu-metal lover which would explain why you think you know anything about great music.

Nothing you say is fact, it's opinoin, and quite frankly, your opinoin sucks balls.
Spiritshotgun is teh pwng.

Comes back from listenin to AC/DC

YO

I don't want to get into an online debate about 'ZOMG YOU DONT KNOW SPEED METAL'.. whatever, but the absolute worst show I have ever been to was Cannibal Corpse/Hypocrisy/Arch Enemy in March of '05.

Not that those bands aren't talented, because I know it takes a lot to chug that open E, but I fell asleep standing up at this show. I was really disappointed that night.

Juneau said:
I don't want to get into an online debate about 'ZOMG YOU DONT KNOW SPEED METAL'.. whatever, but the absolute worst show I have ever been to was Cannibal Corpse/Hypocrisy/Arch Enemy in March of '05.

Not that those bands aren't talented, because I know it takes a lot to chug that open E, but I fell asleep standing up at this show. I was really disappointed that night.

I don't really care for hypocrisy, but older AE is good, everyone thinks angela ruins them, but ehhhhh i can stand it, holy moses is muchhhhh better though. sabina classen kicks angels ass x10000.

cannibal corpse is a picky band, their best albums are gallery of suicide, meat hook sodomy.

Spiritshotgun said:
I don't really care for hypocrisy, but older AE is good, everyone thinks angela ruins them, but ehhhhh i can stand it, holy moses is muchhhhh better though. sabina classen kicks angels ass x10000.

cannibal corpse is a picky band, their best albums are gallery of suicide, meat hook sodomy.

I'm not a fan of either, honestly. I don't think Angela ruins AE, simply because her aesthetics were the reason I stayed awake during their set.

Juneau said:
I'm not a fan of either, honestly. I don't think Angela ruins AE, simply because her aesthetics were the reason I stayed awake during their set.

if you like AE, def check out holy moses, you'll be like WTF FK AE! lawl.

bln_f said:
I have to say, my favorite has to be nelly furtado.

puke.gif

^^^^^^^
My Reaction

nelly's voice gets on my nerves. if i'm in the mood for something new age/classical/upbeat ill go with lara fabian :p

Spiritshotgun said:

No, not nu-metal

Hardcore

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
No, not nu-metal

Hardcore

LAWL well this certainly explains why you can not give a definitive answer, hardcore is a bunch of bullshit, like metalcore. hahahahahahahaha lololololololol.

Back