why wont the sd card let me transfer saves to my wii?

4fingers97

WiiChat Member
Mar 28, 2008
I got a wii power save and got the Resident evil UC so I downloaded a save to the sd card and inseerted it in to the wii. I go to data mangament and go to sd card and try to copy the save to my wii. It says I must have played the game first before I transfer data. I did play the game before and I had memeory in the wii. So what do I do? I really need help

What do you mean you "downloaded a save"? From online somewhere? Or from your own game on another Wii?

try this.... (dont know if it works with any or all games)

Wii Options
Data Management
Save Data
Wii
Find the games save you wish to copy and hit the "a" button on it
2 Options show up "Copy" and "Erase"
hit the "a" button on the "Copy" option
it then asks if you want to copy it to the SD card. choose "Yes"

just found out that it doesnt work on all games. i tried to copy Guitar Hero 3 file and it wouldn't let me. but i was able to copy Warioware Smooth Moves and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes

Guitar Hero 3 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl do not allow backing up of the save game data to an SD card.

Be sure to email the companies with your opinions of that.

no I mean I want to transfer a save from my sd card to my wii system. I got the wii power saves sd card and I am trying to use a wiisaves for resident evil UC. SO I can I copy a save from my sd card to my wii? it says I must first play the game before I can copy data. So how can I copy the save to my wii?

Did you download the correct region? (I'm assuming that you copied the file tree over correctly) There are sometimes issues between PAL and NTSC saves.

well I downlaoded it off the software that came with it. I had a question. about wii saves.com what program do I need so I can downlaod the saves to my pc?

You do realize that downloading someone else's saves off the internet isn't really a "supported" thing, right?

That said, you're probably putting them into the wrong folder on the SD card. It needs to be in a very-specific folder structure:

http://www.wiisave.com/faq/index.php

i have this problem where i cant move things from the internal memory to my SD card (wii sd card) im guessing its not made for extra memory but more like a back up.

example: internal memory is full, move a game to the sd card and erase it from the internal memory or "blocks", then move the game back when you feel like playing it.

hope that made sence but it sucks

i have this problem where i cant move things from the internal memory to my SD card (wii sd card) im guessing its not made for extra memory but more like a back up.

example: internal memory is full, move a game to the sd card and erase it from the internal memory or "blocks", then move the game back when you feel like playing it.

hope that made sence but it sucks

If a game is wifi enabled then you cannot copy the data to the SD card. Non-wifi games you can do this as many times as you want.

copy the original save onto an SD card
put it in a safe location on your computer
copy the downloaded save onto the SD card
delete the original save off the wii.
copy the d/led save onto your wii.
play said game.

as was said you can't copy wifi games
also, you can't have two save files on the wii at the same time.

Back