WI - FI problems

ORiain

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
a couple of months back my wii stopped workin properly with my wi fi connection(it use to work fine), usually it can see the access point fine and connects but it never wants to stay connected and usually when it does its only for a couple of minutes. any ideas?

Even though the connection is being picked up by the Wii, it (the connection) is probably weak causing you to be disconnected from the internet or Wi-Fi. Try moving the access point and/or Wii closer to each other if possible.

they are and always have been right next to each other :sick:

If it has worked in the past, then there might be a problem with the router (source of connection). Check to see everything is set up and working correctly with the router.

yeah its absolutely fine, im usin me laptop wireless right now and the laptop has worked fine while the wii has gone to shite

Adam Jaques (jay-kweez) said:
Have you tried clearing the wii connection settings and creating a new connection. I know it sounds craz, but anythings worth a shot

i have indeed and nothing :p

I have the same problem man and I kinda figured out what the problem is when ever my mom gets on the home phone my connection is gone and its wierd that a phone could do that mybe ur mom gets on the phone and the connection goes away that's what the problem might be it still does it a little though not much as it was before hope my comment helped

I have the same problem except mine takes like 4-5 hrs till it stopps working. Even the internet for the pc goes down eventhough it says it is active through the router lights. I updated firmware and still nothing.

Back