wi-fi questions

stu

wii owner
May 26, 2006
London,UK
Wii Online Code
4982-9370-5014-0207
1. do i have to have my comp switched on?
2. will it work with the wii

stu said:
1. do i have to have my comp switched on?
2. will it work with the wii

Answer to 1. If you have your PC connected to the internet via a wireless router, then no, you don't have to have it on to have wireless internet; I use my laptop all the time while our desktop PC is turned off.

Answer to 2. As far as I understand it, Wii will connect to the internet just as the DS does; all it needs is a wireless internet connection, or a usb-internet adapter if you don't have a wireless router; a wired connection would also most likely be faster/more reliable. I'm guessing the routers that are compatible with Wi-Fi for the DS, which can be found here, will be compatible with Wii.

Hope this answers your questions:)

Last edited:
i am thinking of buying a usb adapter but i would just turn my comp on to play wi-fi, but what i dont understand is: how will i use the connect 24 with the wii, i dont want to leave my comp left on all day

Will Nintendo sell a Wi-fi dongle for those people that don't have a wi-fi connection in their house? If they don't how are they going to reach a broader market if they don't think about the situations of diffrent people?

whats a wi-fi dongle, is it like the nintendo wi-fi adapter?

wot a dongle or wi fi adapter

well there is already a official wi-fi adapter which i think will work with the wii but you need your comp switched on but im not sure how this will work with wii connect 24

you want the site to buy it.... where you from uk or usa/can

Back