Wifi keeps disconnecting so i have to restart and its fine.

bmw328

WiiChat Member
Feb 27, 2009
:mad2:problem is, my wii has been working perfect for last few months playing online games but just lately i have been losing connection. i go back to wii menu and search for access point but none is found.

I power off the wii and restart and the access point is there, sometimes it connects for a matter of mins then goes off or it could connect all night no problems.

I know its not the router becouse my laptop and phone work of it and they stay connected no problem and i have tried my old router and its doing the same.

Its as if the wii wireless card inside is not working properly.

Anybody else having this problem or can help???

maybe its down to to much COD lol

i also have a pay as you go wireless dongle for a laptop and was wondering if this would work with the wii??

that happens to me some times but i have two access points so i can just switch

Mine used to do that. Instead of letting the Wii get it's IP address from the router using DHCP, I set a fixed IP address instead. I haven't had a dropped connection for 7 months now...

Mine used to do that. Instead of letting the Wii get it's IP address from the router using DHCP, I set a fixed IP address instead. I haven't had a dropped connection for 7 months now...

When I lose connection if am on the internet channel I can go in to the internet settings and seaech for my router but it don't fine it, or any of the other routers from the next door and around. Soon as I power off then back on it finds about 4 of them and its fine.but it might only last 5 minutes or 5 hours? ???????. Was your wii losing connection and losing the router??

Yup. I had to restart the router though, restarting the Wii didn't fix the problem, restarting the router did... But one I set a fixed IP address, all problems went away completely.

dismantled wii then put back to gether and bingo

Back