Wifi USB Connector for NDS, will it work with Wii?

You don't need a router with this. All you need is that product up there and a spare USB port on your PC... and of course an existing internet connection. Read the manual that comes with it and you're good to go.

All the USB adapter does (if it works with the Wii) is connect your Wii to your PC.

You still need a broadband connection.

And of course, this means that whatever PC you have plugged the USB dongle into needs to be powered up for your Wii to connect.

It's a hell of a lot easier just to get a wireless modem/router.

pizzaluvr said:
yes it will work, 802.11b/g is the same no matter what is sending it out(power aside)
That is incorrect, well, it is correct, all routers from Linksys to Apple's Airport will connect to anything with a 802.11B/G/A network card/connection, the Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle is different though, it is only compatible with Nintendo products, if it was compatible with anything Wi-Fi compatible, I would buy thousands of them.

The Nintendo Wi-Fi is compatible with the Wii, but I would highly suggest to go with a wireless router, while they are more expensive, they work with everything with a Wi-Fi card, if you get the Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle, it won't be compatible with computers or other consoles and handhelds like the PSP or XBOX 360

Yes it works, It does for me, Just connect your Wii like you do to your DS, it works the same way.

ok cool thanks mate, i just ordered it and its coming on the 4th of july

also its free until july 07 and then you have to pay, well thats what i heard anyway ?

gamechaser001 said:
if it was compatible with anything Wi-Fi compatible, I would buy thousands of them.
Do you think it is only a matter of software restrictions? The hardware itself could be compatible with anything, but Nintendo locks it with their software driver, to avoid royalty fees I guess. So in theory someone could write another driver for it and we would have a cheap Wi-Fi access point.

It's the same thing with the DVD playback of the Wii, the hardware is there, but Nintendo blocked the playback of DVDs to avoid royalty fees. So again someone could hack an hombrew firmware update to allow DVD playback on the Wii.

sachoben said:
It's the same thing with the DVD playback of the Wii, the hardware is there, but Nintendo blocked the playback of DVDs to avoid royalty fees. So again someone could hack an hombrew firmware update to allow DVD playback on the Wii.

I think it's more than likely an idea of Nintendo's to offer an "unlock" feature to add DVD support once the Wii is properly established. Of course this "unlock" will come in the form of a Wii channel, no doubt chargeable.

I think it will be a channel, but to make it more easy, and make it more popular, it might be a free download and you can just run it free, with no paying.

Who knows where we go from here. Certainly not me.. :idea:

That im not sure of, you will have to find out for yourself.

Hmm, it says NINTENDO .. Wi-Fi.. so probably not...

Im sure Wii is goin to become a drug...

IM A WII USER!!!.. xD

Back