Wifi USB Connector for NDS, will it work with Wii?

sachoben said:
Do you think it is only a matter of software restrictions? The hardware itself could be compatible with anything, but Nintendo locks it with their software driver, to avoid royalty fees I guess. So in theory someone could write another driver for it and we would have a cheap Wi-Fi access point.

It's the same thing with the DVD playback of the Wii, the hardware is there, but Nintendo blocked the playback of DVDs to avoid royalty fees. So again someone could hack an hombrew firmware update to allow DVD playback on the Wii.
Both are incorrect, the restrictions for the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is not only for the software, but the hardware sends a different frequency, making the hardware itself incompatible, if the dongle was compatible for normal access point use, somebody would alredy of made the software, and if that happened, more people would buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle instead of a wireless router and just keep a desktop running, like I said before, if that was the case, I would buy billions of them, there is hardware compatibility

As for the Wii DVD player thing, it's true that the Wii already has the hardware to play DVDs/CDs (it can't play CDs either), but if what I hear is true, the only reason why they did not add a CD/DVD player in the launch model is because they wanted to get people to buy the console next year, so they will add the DVD/CD player next year

Does anyone else have the wifi max adapter for the ds because i recently bouht it and am having trouble connecting it to my ds never mind my wii can anyone help???????? I need help to connect it to both consoles (DS and wii)

Jacobedge said:
Does anyone else have the wifi max adapter for the ds because i recently bouht it and am having trouble connecting it to my ds never mind my wii can anyone help???????? I need help to connect it to both consoles (DS and wii)
i have the wifi max and my wii connects fine. so does anything else that I want to connect to it (PSP, laptops, etc) did you turn the security settings on?

Back