Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapth

WiiChat Member
Oct 15, 2009
Utah
Wii Online Code
0570-0650-1657-7703
So I heard that a second Wii with HD, and the ability to play DVD's will be releasing in 2011 or 2012. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this, and the likely hood of Nintendo actually releasing a new system, after their current has only been out five years. Someone please comment, and give your best advice for this issue.

Also I was wondering if it would force me to buy the new Wii, or if I could continue to play my old system, and also be able to play the new games that will be releasing in HD. Thanks.

I am just wondering because I recently purchased my Wii, and do not want to be forced to buy a new one simply one or two years after purchasing my first.

Forced?

Its not like there holding a gun to your familys heads and telling you to buy it or they get killed

There is already a thread about this.
And here is an article with some info...
"What They Play" has heard from multiple sources in the game development and publishing community that Nintendo is currently showing early presentations of its next home console hardware. Apparently set to hit the market “by 2011” the new device is said to be the true “next generation” Nintendo console, and far more than a simple refresh of the current hardware. Unlike previous console transitions from Nintendo, the new system will be presented as a true successor to the Wii, and is being dubbed by those that have seen the presentation as “Wii HD.” There is no indication if this will be its eventual name, but the nature of the transition has been characterized as similar to “the shift from Game Boy to Game Boy Advance,” where familiar, key elements were left intact while the core hardware was made more powerful. It is expected by all those that we have spoken to on the subject that the new device will retain the Wii name in part.

While our sources are reluctant to be too specific about “Wii HD,” they have been able to divulge some (albeit predictable) generalizations. High definition visuals are assured, as is a greater emphasis on digitally distributed and backwardly compatible content, indicating that the new system will feature some form of local storage medium such as a hard drive or large flash memory solution. It has also been indicated that Nintendo’s emphasis is again on what the consumer will hold in their hands and interact with, rather than the “console” itself.

I think 5-6 Years for a console is a pretty long life. I couldn't handle having the same computer for that long!

@Boo
The mods havnt locked this thread yet so its still live and there's not that many good ones
WILL THEY DO SOME DAMN MODERATING!
I wish it was 10. It gets very expensive buying a new console and computer every 2 years.

I'd like to point out that this year we have had physical releases for the Mega Drive, NES, Atari 2600 and Dreamcast.
Screw new consoles. The old ones still get games coming out for them.

I heard about the dreamcast but the rest is sevearly outdated. Where did you hear that? And besides new games? The 2600 is outdated. So what if you don't own one? It's not like you can go to toysrus or walmart and pickup one. And don't say ebay cuz its all used crap, plus only so many were made.

At least my wii breaks I can just goto gamestop and get a new one. Plus 1 year warentee. Ebay has no warentee.

So after a while you have to "out with the old and in with the new"...

I heard about the dreamcast but the rest is sevearly outdated.
Out dated but fun and possibly more fun than most the tripe that's on the shelf's today
Where did you hear that?
Retro Gamer among other sites
And besides new games?
Yeah NEW GAMES!
The 2600 is outdated.
Didnt you already say that?
So what if you don't own one?
well thats you problem
Its not like you have to buy them
It's not like you can go to toysrus or walmart and pickup one. And don't say ebay cuz its all used crap, plus only so many were made.

At least my wii breaks I can just goto gamestop and get a new one. Plus 1 year warentee. Ebay has no warentee.
car boot sales?
Well actually you can get new a NES (third party)/Mega Drive (officially licensed its in game) and the olny way these old consoles break is via missuses there not like these modern ones with there RROD, Blue light and what ever the Wiis is
So after a while you have to "out with the old and in with the new"...
Sod that
These classic consoles have a lot of good games

The new ones are nes on a chip (emulation sorta) Try playing castlevania 3 on a new clone. It won't run. It takes advantage of some things hardware wise only the real deal can do (old school). Those new 3rd party nes on a chip clones are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back